Author Topic: Do smart bonus apply to burst fire?  (Read 2304 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Do smart bonus apply to burst fire?
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:54:47 am »
Question as in title.

Description indicates smart bonus applies to presicion shots, wich seems logical, right? But plenty of forum dudes say it also works with burst fire, wich seems very weird to me.

So is it right? And if so will it be corrected?
Maybe a better question is what exactly trigger the bonus, aimed shots & snipe obviously, but what about opportunistic shots, execute, rapid fire, point shots (last two are hardy "presicion shots!)?

(It is like, if smart bonus works with both presicion and burst fire, rapid and point, then why on earth does it not work with a normal shot???)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Do smart bonus apply to burst fire?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:38:54 am »
Yes it does, it applies to all special attacks and special attacks are everything that is not default attack.

I don't know if it's intentional or not. But it works like that for some time now, was mentioned a number of times and devs didn't change it so it's likely going to stay.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:15:00 am »
Yes it does, it applies to all special attacks and special attacks are everything that is not default attack.

I don't know if it's intentional or not. But it works like that for some time now, was mentioned a number of times and devs didn't change it so it's likely going to stay.

It is intentional.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 11:58:56 am »
It is intentional.

Okay!

You may want to change the description of the Smart Lens used in Smart Goggles:
"This lens can interact with the targeting system to increase the efficiency on precision shots."

I would have never guessed that this equipment also affects rapid fire/point shot/burst attacks, as they are not precise (hence my original question).

(edit: same thing goes for Smart Module, for guns)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:35:30 pm by Bruno »

NEvercalled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 11:40:33 pm »
 author is right.
Without the forum i will never  guess it works with burst. Description should be changed imo.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:36 pm »
I get the point, but that's flavor text you're referencing and not the actual game mechanics description, sometimes those differ when the game's reality and mechanics are not that easy to align.