Author Topic: Fan Music for Underrail!  (Read 21312 times)

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Fan Music for Underrail!
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »
Hey guys, I'm a bit new, but I played through the Alpha I purchased, and I REALLY enjoyed it. I kept thinking of what could happen during combat, and it kind of inspired me to make a track from it!

It was made within an hour but it was cause I didn't want the idea to leave my mind. I'm positive I will release higher quality, well-made tracks in the future, but yeah!

EDIT: Second one added!

Dead Zone - Underrail Fan Music
The Railroad Goes Too Far - Underrail Fan Music

Hope you guys enjoy it at least!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:30:51 am by CrimsonSuccubus »

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Music for Underrail!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »
That is seriously awesome, but the click clack noise is a bit overwhelming, maybe tone it down after the first 10 seconds? Right now it's too long and too loud.

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »
Yeah, I totally understand. Unfortunately, I tried doing that and the program was just being an unresponsive little twerp. So I had to post something. I'm sure I'll get a fixed version out in time.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:40 pm »
After listening to it again I think the click clack in the beginning should only be for about 4 seconds, then throw in the part that starts at 0:20

It would feel more natural with a few beats instead of 20 seconds of it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:38:05 pm by nackidno »

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:43 pm »
Hm, that's true. Maybe. I should get working on that! :3

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:27:35 am »
Just listning to it now, typing as the track plays

Yea, I would make the Clacking at the start fade withen 5-10 seconds down to a background noise, barely audible I would think would be great, or at least not so Loud as it is currently, as it does change beat.

It would be nice to have an optional Music pack for the game, possibly with fan-made ambient music and I think having 'Radio's' in game, like at the Junkyard Markets with a Radio sitting somewhere that plays random music within the area, possibly some old 'Relic' tracks and some general Post-Apco sounding stuff.

But ya, sounds good if as a Ambient track as is, once some touch ups are done to volume, timing and the such im sure it will sound Ace

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »
Wolve, I really like the idea about the radio, I usually play some old tunes in the background whenever I enter the urban areas, just to give it some feeling. Having it implemented in-game with the option to change the music (kinda like how it was done in Morrowind and Oblivion) would be awesome :)

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:10:55 pm »
That sounds pretty boss. I understand fully.

I am totally willing, AND gonna make more music of the same variety, and make even radio music potentially for Underrail, if you guys want. I'm not saying that the admin has exactly accepted such ideas yet, but, well, I sent him an admin offering to make music. Who knows. I'll strive for better quality and not making it in an hour, that's for sure. :3

I'll post more as time comes. I'm glad you guys like it though!

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:26 am »
I made a second song for you guys, better orchestrated. :]

The Railroad Goes Too Far - Underrail Fan Music

I made it like a theme this time. Enjoy!

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:45 am »
I like this one a lot! But the drums kinda removed the decolate feel and the sense of isolation and thickness, if that makes sense. I would say replace the drums with a more muffled beat (albeit low in volume) or down the volume a lot. The drums seem to make the sound break out instead of keeping it isolated and tense, I DO like the use of drums in the later part of the song though, having the drums coming in at the 2:50 mark would be great, and it would add a certain dynamic to the song as well, and make the climax of the song stand out more.

By the looks of your Youtube account, I would say you are more experienced with techno/DnB than orchestral music? Because one thing that is typical for electronic music is the dragging out of certain parts of the songs, but in orchestral music, it's quite the opposite, I can clearly see that the problem with the two Underrail songs is that they are kinda dragged out and lack that orchestral dynamic and real climax build up, but with practice, that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Classical music is extremely helpful to research composition, dynamics and how to approach the climax.

EDIT: I apologize if it sounds like I'm dictating your music, that's really not my intent. ;P
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:28:22 am by nackidno »

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:55:38 am »
No, that's fine. In fact, Underrail inspired me to try and make music out of my usual league, to try and show tribute through not only evidence, but effort. Critique only improves that. :] I do appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy it too.

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 07:38:54 am »
The New track sounds really fitting for the SGS, seams modern, cosy, with a slight hint of sadness to it.

Not a 'physical' track of course, but fitting as a Ambient upto ~2:50 where the tempo picks up a bit

Bloody nice work 'Succie! (If you mind me calling you that)

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:49 pm »
'Physical' track?

And thank you! I only made it escalate cause I realized it was still a song, and because it sounded nice. Of course, were it for the game, I'd totally make it, ah, more slow. xD

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »
Thanks for the music, CS. I'm flattered. :)

Btw, guys, I do intend to introduce more urban music to the urban areas in the future to give them a bit more flavor.

Funny thing, the mystery/horror drones that I used for the dungeons/tunnels were initially only meant to work as placeholders, but turns out most people like them and want them to stay.

CrimsonSuccubus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 12:41:59 am »
Do you think I could make music for you, Styg? I messaged you. :3