Author Topic: Harder Difficulty(s) Expansion  (Read 2228 times)

Gorthon

• Noob
    • View Profile
Harder Difficulty(s) Expansion
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:48:37 pm »
      First of all let me thank you styg and companions for the wonderful game, i have been enjoying myself for quit a time now, tried all the builds there is (premade ones and self created ones) and finished the game multiple times with various endings ... and i loved every moment of it and i cant seem to get enough of this game .

I created this account for the sole purpose of posting this suggestion and i hope the devs would consider it or at least the idea of it ... as the title says it all i want for me and the ( hardened elite hardcore expert most genius ) isometric old fashion RPG players out there a HARDER difficulty on the new expansion of the game .

On terms of how harder it can get i will leave that up to the devs and i'm sure they won't disappoint ,other players are also invited to drop any suggestions they feel suitable ...

The most important thing is for the game to become a bigger challenge than it already is especially in terms of short and long range combat as well as crossbows builds because (without going into further details) when min-maxed they can be pretty OP .PSI based combat is quit a challenge early game but after 10 - 15 lvls not so much the same thing applies to Melee combat start weak but grow to 2-4 shot the big BOSS :( ... the only build i'm not sure about is throwing as i haven't tested that quit a lot to be sure of anything .My point is that for players who understand the game's mechanism really well they can exploit many features of the game that would make it look like a joyride ,so in order to lessen these exploits the gmae should ( and i hope im not asking for too much ) cause a lot more misery to the player in terms of :

- Loot Value and Loot Amount (Decrease)
- Enemy Numbers and Number of Combat Encounters (Increase)
- And if this difficulty would somehow prolong combat encounters either by the increment of enemy HP and stats and/or the nerf of the player's efficiency in combat .
                     *So much for leave it for the devs to decide  :P*

I hope this idea would be at the least considered and implemented as a feature in the upcoming expansion and in the end accept my appreciation and gratitude for the masterpiece and a one in a life time experience that is UNDERRAIL .

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Harder Difficulty(s) Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 09:54:09 am »
We have some ideas how we might increase the hard difficulty, especially when it comes to certain encounters and parts of the game where the healing/health penalty didn't do the trick.

We're also considering adding another difficulty setting for those who want an extreme challenge.

Right now we have other things that take priority but we'll get around to it eventually.