Author Topic: Opinion on Riot Gear Build  (Read 4087 times)

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Opinion on Riot Gear Build
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:03:32 pm »
Been kinda racking my brain because I really like the riot gear look, and after a while I think I came up with a build that might work on Normal mode and wanted to know if someone can help out or give an opinion. Would not mind if someone can get it to work with hard mode.

http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhA2ECMoDMIAcICcJUHZHIxoRinilry4JkEwKHqqb2PnuISo0YQlc4U2ACw1h2KBlyhcJXEWYIgA

While some abilities and feats are placeholder like pack houndrat. Obviously it's relying on pistols for damage with steadfast aim, crit power, reckless, and aimed shot. With rapid reloader, 10 dexterity, and gunslinger will reduce the ap cost for custom Hammer .44 with rapid and smart, and Falchion 9mm rapid and smart. Since steadfast aim effect is based on base ap cost not modified, you should be able to get a couple shots between each gun  with very high crit chance with both guns with everything getting 25% on the Hammer and 26.5% on Falchion.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on Riot Gear Build
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:45:23 pm »
You are so close to Sharpshooter!

Possibly the best build for Riot Gear is sneaky psion:
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2937.msg15304#msg15304
I've played on normal but it should do fine on hard.

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:52:58 pm »
I thought about it but I opted out of needing to stay focused.

Kachajal

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »
If you need a filler feat, I'm a big fan of Paranoia. The 5 initiative amounts to something like 25% more chance of going first (not exactly, but close enough), and going first is often the difference between losing no resources to a fight, to having it be tough or unwinnable.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:59 am »
I may have been lucky, but in my current playthrough taking Paranoia on a semi-mobile heavy armor rifleman (around 30 movement points with the best boot springs and super steel plates, no helmet) has yielded pretty good results as well. 16 total initiative has basically felt "good enough", in that I'm usually not the last to act, unlike an earlier 11 initiative tin can I played. Helped a bunch in early game especially, when good armor is kinda hard to get.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:49:13 am by Hazard »

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:18:17 am »
Alright a slightly updated version of my build now.

http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhA2ECMoDMIAcICcJUHZHIxoRinilryz7kKEFGqYx0znuIT4LogQkRUybABZQIniOxQMuULhK5GWBEA

Now a quick description of the gear you should go for, on the head Smart/Seeker goggles since you have no dodge skill anyway and a shield essentially acts partially like a dodge since you can only get at best 60% avoidance with dodge if your dodge is double the enemies melee skill. Riot gear (obviously.) Personally going with Regenerative vest Aluminium Cloth Lamented Panel and Tichrome Shield, but Tungsten is also good if you don't wanna move. Boots is mostly dealer's choice but I go with Infused mutant dog leather boots boot spring and dense foam to avoid acid puddle damage. Lastly the belt is the bullet belt and the Shield is more dealer's choice.

Kachajal

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 12:26:25 pm »
Neat! Personally I'd also switch out Pack Rathound for Doctor, but it looks nice anyway.

Please, do let us know how it plays once you get further into the game with it. I love concept builds, and I really love to see them succeed.

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:52:38 pm »
Well finished the junkyard and while the mutants are a pain, did not have a problem with the dogs and mutated humans  And I considered doctor, but honestly the regen vest and while Packrat isn't completely needed it makes travel easier and some of the crippling moves do hurt and packrat helps counter that in a way.

Firestalker

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »
How's your build looking know? You kept on playing it?