Author Topic: SMG build  (Read 2641 times)

big pilgrim

• Noob
    • View Profile
SMG build
« on: January 23, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
Hey guys, first time poster.
I've played a few characters in this game, but seem to have a hard time sticking with a build. The farthest in the game I've made it was post-Depot A with an AR build (but I gave it up because it was boring). I think I like SMG/grenade focused build best and was wondering what you all think of this: http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhBmECMA2EAOOjT3g2MrhggAsouM5IAnKKUWXoo4whY4R0QsSBBLzFhYUsdLCogo+AOySJSfkhjT40qkA
Will this build be able to carry me through the endgame? I'm not totally sold on pack rathound, hit and run, kneecap shot, or doctor.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: SMG build
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:18:33 pm »
I'd recommend this build instead: http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhBmECMA2Rp4A45YbGVxghQAsIA7KAsKAJxkjGkE4wuLSFsHeeIwQQQHWKGKgoeelBogkgpDDIJy8MlCA

Let me explain why I've built it as such.

By taking 2 points off of Perception and putting them into Agility, you can unlock the Blitz feat, which converts all of your MP to AP up to 20 AP. Combine Blitz with Hit & Run and Sprint, and you've got yourself a guaranteed 20 extra AP per battle. With 16 Dexterity, the Spec Ops feat, and the occasional Adrenaline Shot, this allows you to practically double the amount of shots you can put out per turn (or, at the very least, gives you the APs you need to reload before firing off your next burst with the Commando feat).
If you're concerned about what this might do to your precision or damage, just wear Adaptive Goggles for the 9 effective Perception, and down a Junkyard Surprise now and then for the possibility of 1-2 more Perception (or Dexterity, even better) on top of what you've got.

Alternatively, if you need to play defensively, the addition of the Evasive Maneuvers feat allows you to transfer your Sprint MP to pure evasion, instead. Combine this with Uncanny Dodge, and you're practically untouchable.

I also gave you Critical Power, for the extra crit damage. This might not seem like it would stack up to a lot, but if you can build an SMG that focuses on extra crit damage, you're looking at a very significant increase. Imagine the crit bursts.
Aimed Shot is useful when you just have to kill a siphoner or a single burrower or some other creature where you don't want to waste ammo.

As for your skill points, I gave you 112 effective Chemistry so you can craft the best grenades possible and lowered your Biology to a base of 0 because you don't have the 130 extra points to get the Supersoldier Drug anyway, so you mind as well dump it. Everything else is pretty much arbitrary.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:27:14 pm by Altos »

Firestalker

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: SMG build
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:05:48 am »
here are some thoughts for a SMG/Grenadier Build. Maybe it helps!
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3000.0