Author Topic: [RESOLVED] New Ezra Dialogs Repeating After Foundry Quest  (Read 1208 times)

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] New Ezra Dialogs Repeating After Foundry Quest
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:23:00 am »
As it says in the title, I have encountered a very minor bug while playing on v. 1.0.2.3 using a character originally created in v. 1.0.1.10 in which what appears to be new dialogue from Ezra involving the Kill the Beast quest repeats itself every time I talk to him. Once the new dialogue completes (it's only 5 or 6 boxes long), it returns back to the standard list of dialogue options (i.e. "do you have anything to trade?" , "are you blind?" , et cetera) and remains that way unless I should leave the Engineering deck and re-enter, at which point the new dialogue repeats again ad nauseam. I have already completed the Foundry quest with this character (again, in the previous version), and I presume that's why the dialogue is repeating.

When talking to Ezra pre-Foundry with a character originally created in v. 1.0.2.2, this problem does not occur. Unfortunately, I do not have a save with that newer character post-Foundry, so I cannot determine with absolute certainty that this problem is exclusive to saves that have been upgraded from the previous version. Still, while it may just be a problem of compatibility with older saves (which is to be expected with a game this complicated), this is still a glitch in the system, and as a result I feel like it's worth noting, nonetheless.

It is cool dialogue, though ("at least two thousand five hundred degrees centigrade!"), so I guess I don't really mind. :P

UPDATE: I booted up a save I made after reading through the dialogue for the first time, and now it no longer repeats if I leave and re-enter the Engineering deck. I'm not sure why exactly this seems to have worked, but maybe it has something to do with changing the file state to that of the new version? I'm no programmer, though, so it could be something else entirely.

Regardless, it appears that the problem is now miraculously fixed. Yay?

Sorry if I wasted anybody's time. If anyone else experiences this problem, try making a new save and then loading it... or something.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:28:48 pm by Altos »