Author Topic: Retrieve ICPD quest - how to talk to Duff?  (Read 2268 times)

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Retrieve ICPD quest - how to talk to Duff?
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:13:42 pm »
So how exactly does this quest currently work (1.0.2.2 experimental branch), and is it bugged in some way? After talking to Luben and going to the area where Duff is, I can't approach him, instead his girls tell me to beat it. This is how I remember it working before 1.0.2.2, so your options then were either killing them or presumably sneaking and pickpocketing if skilled enough. Going by the patch log there should now be a way to peacefully speak with Duff, but I can't see how that's supposed to be done.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Retrieve ICPD quest - how to talk to Duff?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:16 am »
There is a new thread on the Underrail Steam forums that reports this same bug (and it definitely is a bug). However, that player provided his version as being 1.0.1.10, not that of the Experimental Build (1.0.2.2), so I find it very interesting that this problem has persisted despite the quest being changed slightly. Presumably this bug has flown under the radar until now.
Hopefully Sytg and co. have some time to take a look at this so it can be corrected for the next public patch. :)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 01:11:16 pm »
Found and fixed the bug. One of the branches in Luben's dialog wasn't properly triggering the flag needed to speak with Tina/Svetlana about the device, which leads to you speaking with Duff. The bug has probably been around for a while, as I haven't really touched that dialog's scripting in a long time and it's easy to not trigger the bug; plus some of the players just didn't want to communicate with those dirty zoners anyway and failed to notice that something was amiss. So until this gets patched you best avoid choosing "I'll let you go if you give me the device and tell me who is behind all this." when speaking with Luben. :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:12:56 pm by PhrygianDominant »

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:26:16 pm »
Well shit, I talked to Luben and proceeded to do a bunch of other stuff already, like the gauntlet... which by the way is a massive bitch to do in Hard difficulty and with a heavy armor character without Dodge or Evasion. :) Oh well, good job fixing the bug.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »
*you hear a tiny, child-like voice in your head* If you can't talk to 'em, kill 'em! Tehehehe.