Author Topic: killing humans vs quests - xp rate  (Read 1644 times)

NEvercalled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
killing humans vs quests - xp rate
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »
i have made a new test character and i found i can power level him just by cleaning locations (core + junk) from npces ( coretech + protectorate + both factions in junk). Drops are good enough to actually end the game with them. No crafting needed no money as long as you play stealthy.

XP from quests seems so low compared to just killing.

Is there any reason not to do something like that?

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: killing humans vs quests - xp rate
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:10:36 pm »
While I admit that the XP on some things is good for killing them, honestly I still consider the quest XP to be the lionshare of XP I have.

I am level 20 or 21 and I've finished a lot of stuff. I'm probably still gonna hit the cap quite a bit before end game and I've never felt the need to find a way to power level.

NEvercalled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
i have finished this game already and there are only few quests related to some location and after doing them you can just kill all the ppl there.
From quests you get like 2-5 k xp while killing one guard in core city gives   you 1 k xp. When it drops below 200 xp it is not worth anymore.
Beside main storyline the only location some characters will need is the  forge ( or however it is called) to get super steel.

I look at this game also from the side of my first gameplay when i was wasting plenty of time just looking for some crafting parts. When you kill you get items from drops, even good shields. Overall you need only spearhead and super steel armor when you play heavy armored guy.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:49:08 pm »
My point is more along the lines of. Yes, you can power level. No you don't need to do so as I am playing on hard and never needed to grind levels to do any content. If so then why bother to go and murder entire towns of people? Sure you hit level cap faster but what for?

If anything you end up with less traders, though trading being more of a chore than anything else in this game.