Author Topic: Underrail wiki?  (Read 166204 times)

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Underrail wiki?
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2015, 09:54:34 am »
Wait what, 9mm hornet has less lower damage range than 7.62mm and 8.6mm? :o Did you use the exact same frame for all three?

PS. It would be totally awesome if you could also keep an eye out of Q50 armor parts. Q50 metal plates, leathers, laminated and reinforced ballistic panels, one or two different vests. :3

Yep it does. Less base damage for only a slight increase in max damage. I've actually been tempted to ask about the design behind the weapon calibers in this game, as it's quite confusing to me.

The second part I could do yeah, I'm kind of burnt out on merchant savescumming for the moment but I've got a save I could use for getting together some parts for getting some armor comparisons. Armor is a little difficult because some of the breakpoints for certain components are rather large. Laminated ballistic panels require a lot of quality points to get even one point of damage threshold for example, while hybrid panels have a more even resistance scaling. Kevlar balaclavas/tabi will ALWAYS provide 2 mechanical DT so it's pointless using higher quality kevlar cloth. Player-created adaptive goggles can only ever get to 180 durability due to the components for them having no quality scaling, but you can get higher durability ones from stores.

I wouldn't mind asking the devs about some of the design decisions for crafting and stuff but I have a feeling that the things I find odd are intentional choices.

EDIT: Another thing, I did some calculating to find that the harbinger's +1% crit chance provides an almost equal average damage per shot increase when compared to the +25% crit damage of the reaper, meaning unless you want a 12.7mm harbinger the reaper is the better sniper rifle, as the +25% crit damage is better for using aimed shot.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:00:07 am by SadBaxter »

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2015, 10:52:10 am »
Okay I lied about being burnt out on finding components I ended up accidentally finding a 50 quality laser, plasma, and electroshock attachment along with a 50 energy core. After some experiments with comparing a low-quality core with a high-quality one I determined that the quality of the core does NOT affect the damage of the weapon or its energy usage or any other statistic, ONLY its capacity.

So every stat for the pistols is correct apart from the energy capacity (it should be 47 for all of them assuming a 50 quality core), and also the value. The laser pistol had a 54 quality core and the plasma had a 38 quality core, the electroshock pistol has an exact 50 quality electroshock generator and 50 quality plasma core.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2015, 10:54:55 am »
Also a 50 quality Seeker goggles and smart goggles. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone or they think I'm spamming by the way, there's a 4 attachment limit per post and also I'm posting these as I find them.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2015, 11:35:06 am »
And managed to get lucky again, comparisons of various armors.

This was actually fairly easy to do and I can safely state the following things:

-Vest quality only plays a part in item durability and secondary resistances, it does not affect any other resistances for a piece of armor it is used in (unless combined with the ballistics feat)
-Likewise, shields on riot vests only contribute to the melee block chance

So while most of the items I've made don't all have identical 50 quality components, you can combine them to get accurate ratings for its stats apart from item value.

Pictures in order of attachment:

-50 quality insulated and galvanic vest with 50 quality hybrid ballistic panel
-50 quality insulated with hybrid panel and 54 quality insulated with 50 quality laminated panel (only difference is vest durability)
-50 quality steel armor with 54 quality insulated vest. Several experiments with differing vest qualities did not change any of the mechanical or other resistances. Those are all supplied by the steel plate
-lastly 4 different riot vest configurations, all on a 54 quality insulated vest with 50 quality hybrid or laminated panels and 50 quality steel shield.

two things worth noting:

Firstly that thanks to armor component and carrier vest not interacting directly it should be easy to find out the stats of future vests/components. As long as you have one 50 quality component you can discard the other stats and aggregate.
Secondly this game has a tendency to discard decimal places, so I'm fairly certain that any components which DO interact (like adding a ceramic plate to a tactical vest) does so with whole numbers and no invisible decimal places, so you could take a 50 quality ceramic plate and attach it to any quality hybrid or laminated panel, and just remove the resistances/threshold granted by the ballistic panel.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:00 pm »
So I found a 50 quality Monsoon and got a bunch of components for it, and I managed to discover some potentially useful information for calculating the stats of items based on their components, meaning that it's possible to put in data for weapons without having to get an exact screenshot of the weapon in question.

So, if you look at the image, a regular, 50 quality monsoon has a value of 6450, and a quality of 690 (like all 50 quality weapons). Now, the change in stats for most components is known, but as far as I've seen how value is determined isn't known. If you compare the regular monsoon to the scoped monsoon, you'll notice its value is 9450, its value has been increased by exactly 3000, which is exactly 3 times the value of the scope, and this holds true for all the other variants as well. The first component you add to a weapon increases that weapon's value by exactly 3 times the value of that component.

Adding a second component does the same, except the total weapon value is now increased by 20%, so a super pneumatic monsoon, which should cost 19200 assuming that its value is being increased by 3 times the value of the added components, is instead worth 23040, exactly 20% more.

So, that means that instead of hunting in vain for a digital scope and making screenshots for all the other possible variants of a 50 quality monsoon, it can just be extrapolated instead. A 50 quality monsoon with a digital scope and pneumatic reloader will have (compared to a base monsoon) a 21 AP firing cost, a 23% crit chance, and will have a value of 18180.

I went and did a cursory test on an assault rifle and it worked exactly the same way, with the exception that the value of the barrel isn't counted when making one, just the value of the frame and the added components. For a tactical vest, the base value is 3 times the combined value of vest and insert, with components adding their value and the extra 20% normally

I don't know whether you're set on getting exact screenshots of weapons epeli, but this could make filling out the wiki a bit easier. You wouldn't need to have exact 50 quality components to have an exact readout of the item's stats. With a bit more information about the relationship between item quality and its stats, you could also make a browser-based crafting calculator so people can figure out what a weapon is like without having to find it and all the components in game themselves.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »
Ahhh, yes fluff text and the prefix/suffix would be things that need to be known. I'll see if I can track that down for the monsoon, so that all the possible variants can be put up on its page. Having one weapon completely "finished" would be a neat achievement I think, at least until new components get added.

Is there a bounty/check list for things items/information that needs to be discovered for the wiki? That might make it easier for people to find useful things to add, beyond just looking at pages and seeing whether they've got accurate information or not. Plus it might allow more people to contribute by way of making it easier.

Also a calculator would probably be a big task, and while I love the game I don't believe it has a large enough playerbase to justify the time and effort in making it, beyond someone being curious enough to try their hand at making one.

And lastly I found a 50 quality zephyr too.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »
Hokay, so after swapping around some components with a selection of random-quality crossbow frames, the way prefixes and descriptions work is that:

-The order will always be Scoped>Pneumatic>Super for the prefixes. All three scopes just give the "scoped" prefix.
-HOWEVER The order for the text added to its description is reversed, each component will add a short sentence to the end of the weapon description in the order of Super string>Pneumatic>scope
-Also there's no special text for the different scopes either.

The text added to the description is "It is equipped with an especially strong string." for the super string, "It's reloading speed is enhanced by a pneumatic reloading mechanism mounted to its sides."[sic] for a pneumatic reloader, and "It's aiming precision is increased by the mounted scope."[sic] for ALL scopes, the only difference is the stats they provide to the finished weapon.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2015, 03:00:25 pm »
I bring treats, many 50 quality items but most importantly I managed to grab 50 quality energy shields, regular and efficient versions, and a 50 quality cloaking device. All components are 50 which did take a bit of work, lessened by the fact that there are 3 shops that sell electronic components in the junkyard in the quality range I needed, so it was all one round of goods, with a bunch of savescumming.

Is it okay if I keep posting stuff I find here? If it's bothersome then I'll stop being lazy and make an account on the wiki.

Anyway:

http://i.imgur.com/RNZSf5X.png Cloaking Device
http://i.imgur.com/6O7OQsW.png black cloth balaclava
http://i.imgur.com/vIYLsoY.png black cloth tabi
http://i.imgur.com/m1gompK.png motion goggles
http://i.imgur.com/NogDlvx.png adaptive goggles (the lens has no quality but the night vision version has a 50 quality core)
http://i.imgur.com/aU9XBFD.png Low frequency shield
http://i.imgur.com/ievCD82.png medium frequency shield
http://i.imgur.com/HoiVVQC.png high frequency shield

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2015, 06:10:47 am »
I can have a go at finding the other components of shield emitters at 50 quality, but finding two 50 quality modulator's might be tricky, but it's not that vital. A secondary modulator simply adds 50% of that modulator's shielding to the finished emitter, ignoring decimals. So a 50 quality HF modulator will add 2 very low shielding, 6 low, 25 medium, 37 high and 48 very high. It also doesn't add anything to the finished shield's value, although it does add to its weight.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2015, 12:18:44 pm »
Given that pages for items have a maximum of 8 tabs for item examples, and given how many different combinations of components there are for various items, should we just start putting what 50 quality item components do on the main item page?

Like, on the page for leather armor I could add "A 50 quality black cloth overcoat adds 17 stealth and 0.5 weight to any leather armor it is added to", and something similar for 50 quality soft padding (because I found 50 quality soft padding as well, yay).

It could also be added to the page for the item itself, as from what I see a component will always add the same benefits/drawbacks if it's used in the same way no matter what the resulting item is, a 50 quality black cloth added in the overcoat slot will always provide 17 stealth and 0.5 weight.

Just asking in the interest of consistency in style/presentation.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2016, 11:06:41 pm »
From the wiki:
Normal registration and anonymous editing are currently disabled due to spambots. We're planning to open the wiki once Underrail is released.

When will wiki be opened for general public?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »
From the wiki:
Normal registration and anonymous editing are currently disabled due to spambots. We're planning to open the wiki once Underrail is released.

When will wiki be opened for general public?

When I get the time to ensure that we won't be overrun by bots again. If you want an account, I can set up one for you. Just tell me what nick you'd want.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2016, 11:32:24 pm »
Sent you PM with the info...

Izual

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Metathermics Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
I created the Metathermics, Thought Control and Psychokinesis pages complete with a list of all (?) psi abilities of each discipline. Next step is creating and adding relevant info to each ability's article.

Please feel free to contact me should anything be wrong or missing on these articles.

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2016, 03:24:06 am »
I created a "panorama" JPG image of all of the "Original Report" & "Important Dates" dialogs (after having gotten caught not remembering or having noted the answer to a question about it when I could not get back to that location to look it up).

The "dialogs" are not whole game-window captures - they're just rectangular snips of the dialog boxes.

As it might be useful to others, is it something that has a place on the wiki?

The "good" quality image is 1029 x 8671 size=2.8MB.
The "30%" quality image is 1029 x 8671 size=630KB.

(Both sizes too large for these forums, so.. no attachment here)
(A "4%" quality image is the highest QL my IrfanView can make under 128KB; and is nearly unreadable).