Author Topic: Underrail wiki?  (Read 166779 times)

16bitAindo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Underrail wiki?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
Could I have an account with the same name as I have on the forums please?

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »
Nice work! :)

But I think the feats page needs a bit of tweaking since it doesn't really tell what skills are required, only the level, which can be confusing to some.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: item infobox templates!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »
One of the problems with the generated/crafted items such as weapons and armors is that their stats are not constant but rather depend on the quality of the items used when crafting them (or generating them in the background which uses the same process). I guess on the pages for those items there could be a few samples of the variations and a link to the blueprint page where there would be explanations how each component influences the resulting item. I could fill up the latter.

When components are concerned quality of each of these falls into certain ranged, e.g. Cave Hopper leather caps at 25 quality or something. I can fill up this exact range when you guys make a page for the component.

I recalled you saying something like that, and that gave me an idea - I made an automatic maintenance category for items with example stats, so locating pages that need attention should be easy. This should be helpful in the future.

And I completely agree with your ideas - weapon/armor pages should probably keep the examples and leave the detailed explanation to blueprint pages, while component pages could use the exact stat ranges since they only have small variation (quality, required skills, value) and that can be easily added into the template.

Cool.

I (and anyone who wants to) can create example items for generated items (crafting results), while the components don't need them since the only variation is the quality level.

On the component pages we can just say like:

quality range: 1-50

Required crafting skills (as percentage of quality value):
   Tailoring: 100%
   Mechanics: 50%

You get the picture. If you can make a template like that for components, that would be nice.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:54 pm »
On the component pages we can just say like:

quality range: 1-50

Required crafting skills (as percentage of quality value):
   Tailoring: 100%
   Mechanics: 50%

You get the picture. If you can make a template like that for components, that would be nice.

You can already do that with the existing component template! I just made some small changes to it so it automatically detects quality range and adds text accordingly.
Here's an example how. Check the source.

Not sure if I'm content with the value representation, maybe "24 x Quality" would be better than "2400% of Quality"?

Cool. Will take a look.

Regarding the difficulty factor format, either one will work fine. But it's usually 1 (100%) or between 0.5-1. Some components don't have quality though and have fixed difficulty.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:07 am »
Regarding the difficulty factor format, either one will work fine. But it's usually 1 (100%) or between 0.5-1. Some components don't have quality though and have fixed difficulty.
I think the difficulty factor is fine as a %, but what about the item's value? Isn't value also quality-based (for components with variable quality) and usually something like 10-50 (1000%-5000%)? Well, I guess percentage is fine for larger multipliers as well.

Most of the components with static stats (ie. no quality) are already in the wiki. They simply omit the quality parameter from the template.
I've had some free time and I've added a fair bit of stuff to the wiki in the recent days.  :)

But there's at least one component missing - the magazine upgrade for rifles. I've never even seen it in-game, I just know it exists because it has an icon and I've had many rifles that use it. What's its name?

Nice, good to see wiki finally moving along. :)

It seems I forgot to add some rifle components to the loot table and that's why they are not showing up in-game. I'll add those to the wiki myself.

As for the price of a component, if it's not fixed then it's: x + y * quality. So best to go for plain numbers.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:34 pm »
Nice, good to see wiki finally moving along. :)
Would probably be faster if anyone could chime in easily. The need for manual registration is not the most user-friendly. :P

I wonder what would happen if you made these changes to the user rights:
- give edit rights to everyone
- remove createpage/createtalk rights from everyone
- give createpage/createtalk rights to autoconfirmed users
set $wgAutoConfirmCount to something like 1-3
and re-enable account creation

New and anonymous users could edit existing pages and registered users could create new pages after they have $wgAutoConfirmCount edits.
Since the spambots never made more than 1-2 edits and those were always new pages, this should be restrictive enough to keep them at bay.

Ok, will give this a shot.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 08:22:23 pm »
Ok, I did what you suggested. We'll see if this will help with spambots.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »
Didn't work out that well. Epeli, could you take a look at the recent changes and tell me why they were able to do what they did?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 01:27:01 am »
I've edited some creature pages, adding exact damage resistance values. I'm not sure if I should remove a resistance value from the list if it's zero. On one hand if players are filling these pages up it makes sense to list resistances that were tested to be zero, but on the other hand the info box looks better when not cluttered up with redundant info.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »
edit - Wiki maintenance stuff. I figured the wiki will have some questionable information here and there, so I made a verify template, just like the one DF wiki has. The idea is that anyone can simply add {{verify}} after any kind of info that could use verification.
Pages with {{verify}} will be listed in Category: Verify for anyone who wants to test things or do some fact-checking.

It will look something like this in practice:    Enemies never detect or avoid traps that are pre-placed into the worldVerify, only player traps.

Cool stuff. I will go through these pages when time allows to clear up as much of the game mechanics as possible.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 11:39:47 pm »
Had to disable anonymous edits, I'm afraid due to vandalism.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:08 pm »
Is it okay to post information for the wiki in this thread?

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »
Have a 50 quality Steel cat that I managed to get during some merchant savescumming.

I might actually keep an alternate file for finding weapons and component stuff actually. I've found 2 helpful things for that sort of stuff, firstly that merchants inventories are randomized when you ask them to barter, not when you talk to them. The second thing is that disassemble gives you more weapon quality ratings you can use for getting 50 quality weapons. The degradation in quality from Disassemble is 90% but decimal places are discared entirely, meaning that if you dissassemble and reassemble a weapon of certain quality ratings, you can work it down to 50. If you find weapons with a quality of 56, 63, 70, 78, or other numbers I haven't bothered calculating, you can bring a weapon down to 50 for comparison on the wiki.

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
More goodies, 50 quality jaguar, jackrabbit, harbinger, and reaper, all with their alternate barrels. Turns out the harbinger and reaper do have different damage ranges. Nope I'm dumb, they're identical.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:22:14 am by SadBaxter »

SadBaxter

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 07:51:45 am »
Finally managed to land a 50 quality marauder and hornet. Only need to get a 50 quality falchion and impala now, probably won't be able to get a 50 quality spearhead or chimera until I make a character who doesn't use guns (gun nut is too good not to pass up).

At least it helps a bit with deciding what frames are worthwhile and such, and some of the... odd performances of certain weapon frames.