Author Topic: Crossbow Bolts?  (Read 9937 times)

snoob

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Crossbow Bolts?
« on: August 25, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »
So Under Rail is the shit. I'm having alot of fun with it. Its got a very fallouty (1/2) feel to it.

However I"ve run into a problem

After Quinten Offers me a chance to learn his PSI ability if I shoot a rathound with the "putrefying dart" and gives you access to his crossbow, I can't seem to get the "putrefying darts" to load into the crossbow. I've tried the normal way of reloading, dragging and dropping, clearing all other crossbow ammo types from inventory - NOTHING. Any insight?

Thanks so much!

EDIT: As soon as I read another thread, I found this... LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was stumped by that.

Got it. To use the putrefying bolts, put them in a utility belt slot (the red ones to the left in the inventory). From there, you can access them in battle.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:17:24 pm by snoob »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbow Bolts?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:51:01 pm »
Hey, I'm glad you're having fun with it. :)

Special bolts are something that a lot of people couldn't figure out how to use, so I'll be sure to make it more intuitive.

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »
Also, I would like to say that the quest with hunting a rat hound for its tissue sample is a little bit confusing - I had no idea whether one petryfing shot was enough, or if I had to kill the creature using only these bolts. Or maybe only the killing shot counts?

LethalFeline

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »
Here's the other thread discussing putrefying bolts for those wondering.
I record myself playing video games for the Internet.

snoob

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »
If you are wielding a crossbow in your active hand and the PB is in one of your belt slots, just use the corresponding key (Q,W,...).
The ammo for the crossbow does not need to be changed. I guess because you don't really load a magazine into the crossbow, but 'load' each bolt individually, loading and shooting a bolt are treated as one single action. So standard bolts are used per default unless you choose a specialty bolt from your belt (which I like as a design decision by the way).

Just to clairfy for anyone reading this post. The belt slots are not the grey slots on the bottom of your screen, but  the red/black boxes with the hotkeys (Q,W) on the bottom right of your screen. Items can be put into them using the inventory menu. The red circles to the left of the character. This was my confusion.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:05:46 pm by snoob »