Author Topic: Spec Ops for assault rifles?  (Read 1573 times)

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Spec Ops for assault rifles?
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:22:07 pm »
I've been wondering, would it be horribly overpowered if Spec Ops reduced assault rifle burst cost from 300% to 250%? If we ignore Commando, this would allow smaller caliber rifles with Rapid Reloader 2 bursts in a turn, even 3 with an Adrenaline Shot and 2 bursts for some higher caliber ones when paired with Adrenaline. A substantial increase, but SMGs could still get way more lead down range... I haven't thought about this very thoroughly though, so feel free to shoot the whole thing down.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Spec Ops for assault rifles?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »
Burst (5) + Full-Auto (2) + Muzzle Brake (2) = 9 shots, two bursts with adrenaline but I haven't tried assault rifles.

I haven't included Concentrated Fire... adding Spec Ops to them is a complete overkill, as you can literally obliterate anyone in one turn even worse with the right bullets, the mentioned feat is the Spec Ops of assault rifles so they are fine as they are.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Spec Ops for assault rifles?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:24:54 am »
You can get 9 shots out of an SMG as well. That's probably not optimal use of ability points, but anyway, with 14 Dex, Adrenaline and two Rapid Muzzled 5mm Jaguars, you can get 7 bursts of 9 shots in one turn. That's effectively 60 shots potentially spread over 7 or more targets, versus a 7.62mm Muzzled Hornet or 8.6mm Rapid Muzzled Hornet which can fire 18 shots against 2 or more targets, depending on whether or not the bursts hit secondary targets. Obviously assault rifles have much, much more damage potential per burst with Concentrated Fire, but is that as useful as being able to spread your damage over many more targets?

I suppose range and accuracy is where it gets interesting, but I don't have any practical experience with SMG builds so I can hardly comment on that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:28:24 am by Hazard »