Author Topic: Dev Log #50: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.2.2  (Read 15805 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #50: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.2.2
« on: December 28, 2016, 01:14:46 pm »
Hi guys, soon we'll be ready to release a new update for the game. For those who wish to help us test it, we've set up "Experimental" branches on Steam and GOG Galaxy.

To play experimental branch on Steam, you right click the game in your library and go to "Betas" tab. To do so on GOG, you select the game and choose More->Settings. Make sure you don't override all your live version saves just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Here are the patch notes:

Feats
  • AP reduction from Gunslinger feat will now properly affect only firearms
  • Added feats: Bowyer (crossbow crafting)
  • Ripper feat will now properly work with serrated knives
Visuals
  • Added a new visual model for siphoner, ancient rathound, and super steel armor
  • Telekinetic proxies and electrokinetic imprints will now be visible behind walls
Interface
  • Added tooltips for empty gear slots
  • Forcing the vent with crowbar will now be done through Quick Invoker (once the crowbar is equipped, you'll get the ability there)
  • Changed the "Focused" tooltip to be gender neutral (tested for all 99 genders)
Mechanics
  • Cats nerfed
  • Dreadnoughts buffed
  • When a character that has nightvision turned on gets flashbanged, they will also be dazed for 5 turns
  • Some of the merchants now have additional mercantile checks which (if passed) will expand that merchant's store inventory
Items
  • Borer Gizzard renamed to Metaworm Gizzard and is now also dropped by Latchers
  • Most special bullets now also require TNT to craft
  • Added blueprints for standard, W2C and JHP bullets
  • Mechanical bolt blueprint renamed to Serrated bolt blueprint
  • EMP mine case now counts as electronic component
  • Added a couple more instances of Black Eye, Loaded Dice, Train Driver Manual and Train Log oddities
  • Increased the drop chance of Quad Damage Module oddity
  • Changed the Electronic Idol oddity to provide 3 xp for a max of 1 study as it should have been
Bug fixes
  • Generated metal armors enhancements will have quality other than 1 now
  • Quick load will now work during enemy's turn
  • Closing interface help window by right clicking will no longer disable keyboard commands
  • Fixed the dialog window option highlighting when there's 10 or more dialog options
  • Fixed the cut-off tooltips on smaller resolutions with small font size (on most tooltips; there still might be some that just have too many lines)
  • Fixed the bug that caused caltrops to drain action points immediately instead of movement points first
  • Fixed the minor glitches with trap detection calculations
  • Crawlers and Faceless Gaunts will no longer land on occupied tiles when escaping from sight
  • Telekinetic Proxy now properly removes Premeditation when it makes use of it
  • Fixed the bug that caused Dreadnought to keep moving if you attempted to dismount during movement
  • Fixed the bug that caused the player to receive experience when an NPC was killed by a doppelganger that someone else created
  • Expose Weakness will now properly count as a melee attack (it will be affected by Uncanny dodge for example)
  • Pyrokinetic Stream and Pyrokinesis should now always properly invoke "heating effect"
  • Heating effects should now properly remove Cryo-shield
  • Cooling effects should now properly remove Exothermic aura
Quests/Maps
  • Fixed a certain zoner appearing later in the game in some cases even if Rista's quest concerning him hasn't been completed
  • Fixed positioning problems during the cutscene in which you lead Edgar to RK's lair that might occur when the player has increased his movement speed beyond a certain point
  • Fixed the missing train quest bandits not becoming hostile if the player fails a certain skill check
  • Fixed killing the old man in GMS crashing the game after the situation has been dealt with
  • Fixed a bug which caused a transition error when entering the zone where Duff is supposed to spawn
  • Fixed being able to give a certain man a certain helmet more than once and receive more than one reward
  • Fixed a few unreachable dialog branches (Old Jonas, Leo and one notable heavily armored commander)
  • Fixed some late game Tchortists not recognizing that you are wearing a certain type of robe
  • Fixed a dialog bug which prevented the players from telling the Rejects how to escape
  • Fixed some items disappearing from Fraser's store inventory after certain events take place
  • Fixed a few bugs with the end game slides
  • Fixed issues with one of the tunnelers in DC after it has been despawned
  • Fixed being able to kill the Gauntlet runners before the event without anyone caring
  • It is no longer possible to pay 1 charon to Silas for Grover's debt instead of 100 charons
  • Arke cameras and turrets will now properly go offline after being shut down at the main console
  • Edgar's quests will now properly fail if you kill him
  • The player will no longer be able to start a civil war in Core City by fighting with the burglar in the house opposite to the Praetorian Security headquarters
  • Added another option to acquire ICPD from Duff, plus some more flavor if you handle the situation in a certain way
  • Added another way to capture hoppers for Bret
  • Added another way to obtain Elwood's keycard
  • Did some tweaks to the main quest in Foundry, added more dialog options and removed some of the backtracking; also, the miners will now return to the mine at the end of the quest
  • Gaining access to Foundry prison security room will also remove protection from the security console there; added another hacking option as well
  • Changed so that failing to intimidate Rubin will no longer make him not want to speak to you anymore
  • Hathorians will occupy the area north of the camp after it has been cleared
  • SGS soldiers and workers will now occupy the outposts after the player has cleared them
  • A certain faction in DC will now be handing out better ammo than previously
  • Fixed a faulty transition in one of the zones beneath the Mushroom Forest
  • Fixed GMS jammed ventilation shaft being incorrectly positioned; also made some minor changes to the vent layout to accommodate this
  • The usual minor stuff (map/dialog/quest tweaks and fixes)

Report any bugs you find on the forums and make sure you specify which version you're playing.

Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #50: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.2.2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 02:42:16 pm »
Wow..... Christmas again! Thanks!

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »
These regular updates are great.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 11:18:06 pm »
Very nice, I really want to see the super steel armor new model.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 12:58:12 am »
I'm pump!

Ouch, it's official, chemical pistol is the second weakest class, with throwing knives being the weakest.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 08:03:44 am »
I'm pump!

Ouch, it's official, chemical pistol is the second weakest class, with throwing knives being the weakest.
There's still hope! http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2790.0

Granted Stygsoft very rarely implements player's feat suggestions but ... that's what hope is about.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:31 am »
I'm pump!

There's still hope! http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2790.0

Granted Stygsoft very rarely implements player's feat suggestions but ... that's what hope is about.

I'll probably add some sort of feat for chemical pistols to compensate this change. I'm not so sure energy pistols need it though, but they might receive some new interesting stuff in the future as well.

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:31 pm »
Been using the Experimental build, and have no issue with save files. Plays pretty smoothly. Only thing noticed is a small (.5sec) trasission between moving from old 'red zone' to new. Its very minor, but...

Nice so far. Nothing really noticeable in combat, building, exploring, ect.

Have not tried to buy from merchants, but I'll try that next. Been using the update list as a QA sheet, and, so far, its smooth sailing (so to speak).

Anything 'special' you wish tested???

kpoxo6op

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 04:30:07 am »
I'll probably add some sort of feat for chemical pistols to compensate this change. I'm not so sure energy pistols need it though, but they might receive some new interesting stuff in the future as well.
Yes please, these are my favorite weapons

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »
I'm slowly working my way through a new playthrough on this patch and everything is running great so far. I can confirm that killing the Old Citizen in GMS no longer breaks the game (yay, genocide!), and it seems to me like a lot of old areas have been touched up a bit visually since the last patch. Maybe it's just me.

I love that SGS soldiers now show up when you clear out the outposts, and I'm kinda surprised by just how many there are! One of them actually patrols around!
I haven't been upping my Intimidation stat because I'm testing out Mercantile, but I wonder what would've happened if I left M'lan Ratula alive in the last outpost? A peaceful coexistence, perhaps?

Working my way through Junkyard now, and I am really excited to see the changes to the Elwood quest (finally!!).

On another note, I haven't noticed any significant changes to dialogue so far besides improvements to the Feat descriptions, but I did kinda gloss through Old Jonas' text so I may have missed it (unless the option for him to give you directions to Junkyard is new; I did notice that).

All in all, it's working great so far. Thanks, StygSoft! <3

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention (but found incredibly humorous) is the fact that you can now tell Gorsky about how you helped out the people being held hostage by raiders in GMS even if you totally massacred both the raiders and their hostages, and his response will be the same as if you had just killed the raiders.
Yes, Gorsky, I certainly "helped" those poor souls. xD
Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:35:33 pm by Altos »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 01:20:47 am »
Some feedback for the beta patch:

NPC seems to react more to your accomplishment (Good job taking the outpost!) and more backstory (Kohlmeier's backstory), good work on the polish.

Rathound drop rate seems to be reduced? I used to be able to get tons of rathound leather and make money by selling repair kits but this is no longer viable. I think the rate should be increase a bit.

Mercantile is still a luxury skill. You need 25 to convince Blaine and 40 to convince Kevin. You only get a wider selection but the quality seems to increase only a little bit (slightly better armors and gun components). I think the quality should be increase to a noticeable difference. Skill points are scarce enough as it is and personally I don't think it's worth it (as it is right now).

Merchants should sell more quantity of graphite.

Foundry: reporting to the mayor about the mine creature - option 1. and option 2 should be combine or optional 2 should be reworded. Right now option 2 is just "and I even have a way to lure the creature.".
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:04:44 am by destroyor »

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »
A question concerning the upcoming expansion: will it be compatible with existing saves?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:20 pm »
A question concerning the upcoming expansion: will it be compatible with existing saves?
Yes.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 01:43:38 pm »
Alright, good.

And another question which I suspect I won't get an answer for, but what the hell... will there be energy rifles in Expedition? I remember those were planned for the base game at some point, but were dropped before release.

Because let's face it, who doesn't want a laser machine gun? :D

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
Alright, good.

And another question which I suspect I won't get an answer for, but what the hell... will there be energy rifles in Expedition? I remember those were planned for the base game at some point, but were dropped before release.

Because let's face it, who doesn't want a laser machine gun? :D

Not in this expansion, no.