Author Topic: NEOScavenger  (Read 7737 times)

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
NEOScavenger
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »
Anyone has played this game? I bought it two years ago and it is a pretty interesting game made in Flash, the way you have to take care from many hazards from infections to injury treating made it very fun to play.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: NEOScavenger
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:57:59 pm »
Yeah, I've been playing it since its pre-release days... back then it had a serious save corruption problem, but the dev fixed it amazingly quickly.

I love the inventory/crafting systems, not many games have that level of item management without being unnecessary convoluted. The 1D combat model is interesting as well, sometimes less really is more.

Also, did you know the same guy did music for NEO Scavenger and Underrail?

Indeed? I always liked that atmospheric soundtrack, fitting in a desolated and unpredictable land, that guy really has talent making music for games with post-apocalyptic themes, a shame the game didn't release more expansions, still the mods maintain it alive.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:53 am »
Yeah it's a pretty neat game. The only complain is the game become too easy once you have a Tactical Armor Vest by either killing a guard or (if you are lucky) found a dead guard.

Megabiquette

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »
Yeah it's a pretty neat game. The only complain is the game become too easy once you have a Tactical Armor Vest by either killing a guard or (if you are lucky) found a dead guard.
Oh yeah? I found the game really interesting but could play it more than a few days because of the difficulty.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:03:50 am »
The early game is very brutal due to RNG - I would suggest you use a save manager so perm-death is not an issue. Once you understand the mechanic it's a very enjoyable game.
Edited: played a bit today - disable autosave as it will mess up your game (disappearing camp items).

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »
The early game is very brutal due to RNG - I would suggest you use a save manager so perm-death is not an issue. Once you understand the mechanic it's a very enjoyable game.
Edited: played a bit today - disable autosave as it will mess up your game (disappearing camp items).

Starting hypothermia is just the beginning, things gets serious when you get on close range against a frog cultist with Strong/Melee traits.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 12:46:49 pm »
Close range/melee is always a losing proposal due to injury/blood lost/infection. Ranged + kiting is the way to go.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 10:21:43 pm »
Close range/melee is always a losing proposal due to injury/blood lost/infection. Ranged + kiting is the way to go.

I did played it way before release with melee, till then there were many changes.
Thanks for tip!

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 11:48:31 am »
I love neo Scavenger! Also stellar work of Josh!

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 02:20:09 pm »
I love neo Scavenger! Also stellar work of Josh!

Well, now that you've necro'd the thread, I too love the game. Lots of interesting things in it we can steal be inspired by. :D

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 08:06:44 am »
UnderNews
Foiled Again!
(Black Sea) Local man from South Gate Station fools military-grade Active Defense System with EM-reflective Aluminized Cloth Poncho.

Errrr... noooooooooooo.  :-\

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 02:50:09 pm »
Don't worry, there'll be no tinfoil farming. Fishing, on the other hand...

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 06:03:55 pm »
 :D :D :D