Author Topic: New feat: Toyslinger  (Read 4537 times)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
New feat: Toyslinger
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:03:38 am »
Toyslinger:
-4 AP to fire chemical/energy guns
+5% THC with chemical/energy guns
6 dex
6 per
25 guns

-4 ap for energy is about equal to -3 for firearms because energy/chem are about 1/3 slower than firearm pistols: 22 vs 16 (fastest), 40 vs 32 (slowest). And i'm not taking rapid reloader into account.
AP reduction is a very good fit for those weapons because of how on-hit effects work and 4 out of 6 have them. Oh, and there are those unique pistols with on-hit effect as well.
Sure, someone who manages to max DEX would get some 'nice' numbers for some chemenergy pistols but i'd not say those numbers are too 'nice' because you can't max DEX without sacrificing something: you won't have all of Steadfast Aim, Sharpshooter, Practical Physicist/Mad Chemist. And since SA works well with Sharp and PP, and MC helps chemguns greatly at not sucking, you typically want all 3 (4).

+5% THC is to differentate it from Gunslinger, to balance it with Gunslinger and to give chemenergy what they need. Chemenergy not only have lower range than firearms, which affects THC, they also can't mount laser sight. Even laser pistol is less accurate than average firearm with laser sight. Another reason why accuracy is important for chemenergy is that they need to roll twice to do their job - first for hitting and then for their on-hit effect, so chances for on-hit effects are actually lower than item description states. Plasma pistol needs it badly as well since missing with it sucks as much as missing with sniper rifle and plasmas don't have innate accuracy bonus, huge optimal range nor ability to mount scope, like SRs do.

This feat is also a non-crafting feat and ... yeah, that's also what chemenergy need, since firearms have Rapid Fire, Gunslinger and Expertise.

Requirements are just what i felt would fit. DEX is there due to AP reduction, PER is there due to THC bonus, both are at 6 because both Point Shot and Steadfast Aim are like that.
Ditto for Guns 25.
I was thinking of "X electronics or X chemistry" requirement, as using those weapons without crafting is pretty mad (but not Mad Chemist!), but it does not quite fit a non-crafting feat.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:33:24 pm by hilf »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: New feat: Toyslinger
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:13:51 pm »
Also, when i played energy/chemical pistolero it was at 4 attacks per round when chemguns finally started to feel like a real deal.
After DEX nerf Gunslinger wouldn't cut it but Toyslinger would.

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:54:57 pm »
it does make using energy/chem weapons over normal guns actually you know desirable or equally desirable.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 05:11:00 pm »
If Toyslinger is too good, you can split AP reduction for energy weapon between it and Gunslinger - 3 AP reduction from Toyslinger, and 1 AP reduction from Gunslinger.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07:29:42 am »
If Toyslinger is too good, you can split AP reduction for energy weapon between it and Gunslinger - 3 AP reduction from Toyslinger, and 1 AP reduction from Gunslinger.
Don't worry, Toyslinger can only bring pistol's speed to what they had pre 1.0.1.8 and only some of them, for example plasma will not be able to shoot 3 times per round with Point Shot.

As for hit chance i can't see how it could possibly unbalance anything.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:23 am »
Point Shot doesn't work with EW. :P

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:00:42 am »
Point Shot doesn't work with EW. :P

It sure does. Which energy weapon did you use?

Btw, new stuff for chemical pistols has been implemented, so expect that in the next update.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 08:36:20 am »
Well, I was sure all these feats doesn't work with EW.
Confused them with Rapid Shot maybe.

Fjodik

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:56:26 pm »
Hey Styg, do you plan to give us the new chem pistols stuff before DLC comes?? Thank you.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 02:19:16 pm »
Hey Styg, do you plan to give us the new chem pistols stuff before DLC comes?? Thank you.

Possibly. I would llike to, anyway, but I don't know if we'll be able to spare the time for testing (before we get into the testing phase for the expansion, that is)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 12:07:23 pm »
If I may ask the question:
How much effort is the testing?
Is it mostly compiling a build with only that, seeing that it doesn't crash, then uploading it to beta (meaning the technical work is the culprit) or is the work in what comes after the uploading?
Trying to get a grasp on that here as I obviously have no real idea how your engine works.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.