Author Topic: Intricacies - 1.0.1.4  (Read 4484 times)

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Intricacies - 1.0.1.4
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:56:35 am »
This post will cover several bugs I ran into
Some may have been fixed or already known but I figure I should mention them all

Mines and Cutscenes

The wisest course of action What a bad gif

I'm not sure what quite triggers the crash (number of explosions/dmg calculations/NPC needed alive for code to work) but it happens in all cutscenes with excessive mines going off. Not exactly game breaking but worth mentioning

Blowing past the Institute door

You will need some real good sneak and traps to pull this off
Prep work also must be done prior to reaching the end of the Coretech Research Facility
The goal is to kill Denzil with mines when he first walks out. With Denzil dead the door never closes as the cutscene never completes. This allows the player to bypass the quest "Return the Reaching Man" if they were to then kill/sneak past all Tchor. One can continue to beat the game from here on as the tremors start as normal.

This requires the player to forfeit all the Institute has to offer but allows one to truly RP a non-wussy character 8)

Additionally, this cutscene grants the player full map vision and since it never ended you are bestowed this gift until one loads a save or enters another cutscene. Sadly the scene just before going into Deep Caverns ends the "buff" but one can roam around lower UnderRail and enjoy some sights.

Prep to boom - X-Ray Vision

Worth noting that if the player leaves the screen after the door has opened re-entering it will be met with a closed door making the run impossible to finish. Treat it as a one time opportunity.

Culling the competition - Gauntlet

If you mine the tiles where the Runners spawn on killing either one interrupts the cutscene. This results in the player character not walking forward with the gate closing behind them. No aggro is gained by doing this as the runners are independent and aren't affiliated with any factions. This gives player access to both the lockers and the elevator as the gate does not shut. Speaking to Andrea results in her asking if we want to start the gauntlet but this time the cutscene does not play. Player must still pull lever in final room of Gauntlet and speak to Andrea for quest completion. All items brought into Gauntlet are deleted when completed. Even if you cull the competition the final room will still spawn the two different runners.
At least you can keep all the loot in the lockers including the unique yellow tracksuit by doing this.

4 runners vs 1 you - rigged

Gassing NPCs

There are several NPCs that don't aggro to gas grenade player damage

Bad at Tetris

Hostile Dog at Rail Crossing

The dog in the back spawns hostile to all
There is both a Cat and Commoner here though so It seems like an oversight unless the dog is associated to a bandit faction of sorts.
Or maybe dog just be mad

Doggie

Broken Haxxors

Vendors trying to sell knock off Haxxors that can't be charged/used

Merchant life be vicious

Ghosting Tunneler

Once the Faceless leave their base there are two tiles that are impassable where the tunneler once was. If you save and reload the tunneler reappears and isn't solid except for the drill.

Tunneler demands to be operated

The loneliest Turret and the independent Dreadnought

The turret won't fight back and the Dreadnought isn't officially in the Protectorate faction

Let me hack a Dreadnought to burst open door

Faceless no aggro

The Faceless Commander and company don't aggro if damage is dealt to them during their last cutscene

Also the cutscene ends if the search happens and the respective Faceless is dead - Hide cube on an off screen corpse for conned medallion
Resumes as normal if Commander is spoken to

Blowing people up with no repercussion

Keeping the Cube

This one requires you to save past the flag that triggers the final scene with Six and that is the use of the Elevator Controls for the first time. Fairly simple but the timing is hard. Just gotta save scum as your character presses the button. You have succeed once you see the save prompt pop up immediately following the cutscene with Six playing out as usual. Reload and you'll hear the in-game audio sound effect of having used the controls go off. Use the controls again and the cutscene won't play and you'll reach Lower UnderRail with a cube in yer pocket. Maybe medallion too

Minor/Unsure

One of Marsha's monitors doesn't black out despite player destroying camera
When speaking to Six where the hole is selecting the dialogue prompts 3-2-3 results in no action from him - odd
Being hit with a stray burst shot while not the primary target and stealthed will not reveal you - seems off
Mac and Big Bret still have dialogue lines asking about their thoughts on the Faceless invasion despite them having left

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Re: Intricacies - 1.0.1.4
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:59:23 pm »
I have to know: is it possible to kill Six with that gas grenade bug? If I read the text in those images correctly, it looks like it was dealing damage to him. >:D

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:42:02 pm »
You have a knack for breaking things! Couple of real hardcore bugs there too, the crashes and cube stuff. Someone's gonna be busy fixing bugs next monday. :D

I have a request.
Could you update the wiki NPC/key list to include Masha/'s?
She is on the 7th level of SGS. Masha
Oddly you can't lock the door her key opens much like Waylon's keycard. Unsure if another bug or not.

I have to know: is it possible to kill Six with that gas grenade bug? If I read the text in those images correctly, it looks like it was dealing damage to him. >:D

He resisted each tick of damage in full so unfortunately no. 
Though I'm unsure of the version, Sanger and hilf found that you can kill Six with the chemical fire pistol.
Here be the thread - tanner - endgame (spoliers)

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 05:11:56 am »
You have a knack for breaking things! Couple of real hardcore bugs there too, the crashes and cube stuff. Someone's gonna be busy fixing bugs next monday. :D

I have a request.
Could you update the wiki NPC/key list to include Masha/'s?
She is on the 7th level of SGS. Masha
Oddly you can't lock the door her key opens much like Waylon's keycard. Unsure if another bug or not.

Though I'm unsure of the version, Sanger and hilf found that you can kill Six with the chemical fire pistol.

Can't do that anymore.

Quote from: patch note 1.0.0.8
Bugfixes
Noise emission from weapons should work properly now (previously it only worked for non-weapon sources such as grenades, psi abilities, etc)
Insulated and galvanic foam padding no longer add to stealth
Healing effectiveness bonuses will no longer apply twice when using health hypos
Fixed the bug that caused some of the on-hit effect to proc off even when attacks were resisted in full
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 01:47:34 pm »
Buzzer vs Faceless Mindreader

If you allow the Faceless Mindreader to read your mind he ends the conversation to perform an animation after which he continues to speak with you

During the animation my character took bleed damage from a self deployed bear trap which prevented the conversation from continuing and I was free to do what I pleased. The Mindreader then continued to search the place as normal. The conversation resumes from where you left off if you speak to the Mindreader again.

With my freedom I pick pocketed the Holding Cell Key and freed Buzzer. To my surprise Buzzer actually has dialogue and faces off against his captor. If you speak with Buzzer during this you get an Unknown dialogue box. Despite being out of sight as well as fully stealthed the Mindreader immediately turns hostile towards you after opening the cell much like how he would if you were to turn on the switch that activates the turrets.

Npc Bilocation & Exp

When an Npc invokes Bilocation and the Doppelganger scores the killing blow you are awarded the Exp. Can be observed with Faceless Mindreaders, Eidein and Azif.

Hyperlink

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 06:30:20 am »
No XP for Energy Shield Emitters

When talking to Gorsky and selecting the following option - Heck no. I'm sick of you sending me on suicide missions. - the quest is never actually accepted however if you talk to him again you are able to hand him the package but no quest XP is gained in doing so

Permanent Invisibility

This is just a graphics bug and has no impact on gameplay
If you leave a mine and instant kill the commoner that spawns in a lab coat the cutscene is interrupted and you are free to move
Must be an instant kill or else it progresses as normal - body on the table disappears after leaving the room
All npcs can still see you

Jookhela and stuns

This one could go either way really and not be a bug but figured I should mention it
Regular Ancient Rathounds are immune to both flash and sledge stuns (didn't check crawler poison)
Jookhela on the other hand is not
Inferior rat is inferior

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 08:38:43 am »
Looking through my screenshots I remembered some more I never got around to posting
Probably not submitting anything else until the expansion hits

Not Saving Buzzer

Scenario: Kill Faceless Mindreader
Leave - This happens

Funny enough if you go upstairs, open the cage and flip the switch Buzzer spawns in his cell and walks to his desk as usual

If you leave the house however the corpse of the Faceless Mindreader despawns so if you never grabbed the key and have a lockpick-less character you can never truly save Buzzer in result

Black Crawler Despawn

Okay this one seems intentional but I'm listing it anyway
In a previous version the corpses definitely stayed on the map for eternity
In 1.0.1.4 the entire area is cleared after what I believe to be when Dirty Tom spawns in
Ended up missing out on a unique due to this

Nightvision turns some monitors on

Monitors, vending machines, trims that have displays indicating they are ON/OFF seem ON in night vision
Noticed it lots in DC - definitely in Caerus Residential block

Scientists were just as barbaric

Spooky Hecate Door

Closes itself whenever area is left

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 04:31:33 pm »

Ah, killing an invincible character. I know of few ways of kill tanner.(as of 1.0.2.4)

I just need to test it on the six...
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 10:18:54 pm »
Mushroom Forest - Out of bounds

one
two
three
four