Author Topic: No rest for the wicked - 1.0.1.4  (Read 3687 times)

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
No rest for the wicked - 1.0.1.4
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:05:29 pm »

Mareth deserves such a fate

Fun facts:
Since Mareth turns hostile after mutating Fort Apogee is fine with you killing him
Once Mareth mutates quest cannot be finished
Before mutating player can speak with Mareth to complete quest - if not infected when player climbs ladder CAU leave
Talked -> mutates -> killed = Mareth still mails you his unit's armor/Mareth still keeps his word and deals with Will if informed
If left alive after being infected Mareth warps back to Fort Apogee where Void and Dess shoot him on sight - mutated off screen
If Mareth is dead and you punch Void through dialogue Unknown intervenes

Mareth can be left alive for eternity as a mutant if player closes doors of room and kills comrades via traps prior to planting mutagen ;D

On a serious note, luring Mareth down the vent with a grenade noise seems like an unintended possibility
Who knows, maybe yall can make it into a branching plot

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: No rest for the wicked - 1.0.1.4
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »
What path is this part of - joining United Stations\Protectorate?

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »
What path is this part of - joining United Stations\Protectorate?

Yup, joining United Stations

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:51:39 am »
I'm still undecided between just fixing this or making it a valid quest outcome. On one side, it's completely unintended (back when this was made NPC's weren't yet reacting to sounds, so it didn't occur to us that something like this could happen) but on the other... it's hardcore! I'll move this to the to-do list for the time being and will think about it some more.

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 09:39:54 am »
I'm still undecided between just fixing this or making it a valid quest outcome. On one side, it's completely unintended (back when this was made NPC's weren't yet reacting to sounds, so it didn't occur to us that something like this could happen) but on the other... it's hardcore! I'll move this to the to-do list for the time being and will think about it some more.

For what it's worth, my vote goes for valid quest outcome.
I've got more examples of sound abuse that aren't as hardcore.

For this all that is necessary is for the player to request the interview for Coretech. No job needs to be taken as all you need is access to the 2nd floor. Talk to Simmons and immediately get sent off after Cornell. No arena wins required. Player can even join JKK/Praetorian afterwards. Some serious sequence breaking going on here. Speed runner's dream.

Another example.
In this run I didn't speak with Jack Quicksilver as I wasn't up for playing decoy this time round. This ends his quest tree however you are still able to speak with Everard via sound abuse and obtain his quest. Problem is since Jack didn't issue you the quest to meet Everard Todor never spawns making it so you start a quest that is impossible to complete.

Sound interaction with key NPCs should definitely be looked into

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:22 pm »
Saw this post - http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2266

Checked around
Can be replicated at Heidi's place via noise - backroom door triggers it
Your actions provoked hostilities warning pops up but no one attacks you - health bars grey
Core City riots just never end I tell you

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:19:25 pm by Lucifuga »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 03:00:10 pm »
Dude... stahp. Y u do dis? You're making Styg look bad. :D

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 03:34:46 am »
More doors that trigger fights

Both Tchor doors do it
Azif can also have his pathing blocked - no 'nade needed

Fun is had finding these

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »
Some more noise related stuff

Free Drones & Protectorate

You can use sound to lure a Free Drone to opening this door which normally you can only do from the other side.

Proceed to lure them out with sound and kill them out of sight of each other. Killing Shred sets off the flag for the Free Drone faction turning hostile towards you. To circumvent this you can use traps to kill him as the territory is uncontrolled.

Later on in the Protectorate quest line you are given access to the Free Drone base. Speak with Trenton and immediately be given the Junkyard fetch quest. Alvin Bates will speak as Unknown. I'm unsure what actually happened to him. Either he was never spawned due to skipping over quests or that progressing the Protectorate quest line killed him off/escaped.

As Epione Lab has already been destroyed you cannot complete the quest as the area is inaccessible having already taken place in the Protectorate quest line.

Marcella Green will initiate the spy accusation each time she is spoken to.

"Get off my lawn"

Just npcs with out of place dialogue having been lured out by sound

Wall hacking Faceless

Explains all the stories

"Someone's" Electricity

They all stopped immediately before the electricity as if questioning their life only to charge forward to their death
No aggro gained
The no exp seems intentional

Enraged Tchort

Not really sound related (lured) but Tchortlings fighting Tchort's Mouth was great to see

Jail cell = true love

If you impede Beck with traps the cut scene doesn't play out resulting in everyone just standing around chillin
The screenshot was taken as I wanted them all to have a happy ending but then Sarine started walking back to her cell...