Author Topic: Pets/minions  (Read 2702 times)

Plookey78

• Noob
    • View Profile
Pets/minions
« on: October 08, 2016, 07:40:18 am »
I know this game doesn't have companions and its a design choice but what about ability to have some uncontrollable minions that would help only in combat,. They should be hard to get and  maybe a specific character build path should be required to have them, and that patch would make the main character a bit weaker in combat then the solo paths, aka summoner class in most other rpgs. I think there are plenty of robots in the game that could be created by a tech savvy character and pets that could be tamed by someone with high biology maybe? So this would feel lore friendly and make a game more fun for me since i felt kinda lonely having to be alone all the time while most other enemies are found in groups.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:48:58 am by Plookey78 »

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Pets/minions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »
I always wanted my own psi bettle/azuridae pet... but the idea of any kind of companions has been denied for underrail specially helping in combat, I say it would be acceptable a pet system like Pillars of Eternity where your companion can only follow you and watch you fight, only that.

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 10:44:48 am »
or use the dreadnought not only in the main quest, that will be great.

mercy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 03:25:49 pm »
Ideal Pet System:

Dungeon Siege-like, you can get - free it in a mission from a dungeon - or purchase one and feed it and watch it grow. It levels up by getting XP from battles, also you can feed magic items to your pet to make it stronger. Your pet gets more and more dangerous, until the end, when in the final battle you have a super powerful pet.

It was major fun watching a baby pet eating up magic rings and other magical items and watch it grow. The baby pet 3D models were super cute.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:27:46 pm by mercy »

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:06:03 pm »
I fully agree with it. Having a pet would be great because we cannot have any other party member with us (which is sad...).

Azuridae, Crawler, Burrowers, that would be great to have that :).