Author Topic: Dreadnought combat against burrowers is painfully slow!  (Read 979 times)

jrcbandit

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Dreadnought combat against burrowers is painfully slow!
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:40:31 am »
I think I might fall asleep here with the combat taking forever.  I'm doing the Hephaestus Research base mission where you find the lost patrol for the Protectorates and can enter a Dreadnought suit to kill the burrowers, but you can't exit during combat.  The problem is that I didn't do a ranged build so my hit chance with the Minigun is 10% and I never hit (low perception).  As a melee build, the melee does destroy the bugs but it costs 25 AP per hit and burrowers run away so whenever I move I can never attack and then the burrowers move yet again.  The only way to destroy them is every 2 turns is to launch a missile which takes half their hitpoints.  So I had to do 2 rockets per kill over and over again while waiting 2 rounds for the reload.... /Yawn...

Either you need to be able to leave the suit during combat, or the range/melee attacks need to be revised.  Give a to hit boost for those not specializing in ranged combat, after all you are in a mecha suit that should have aim assist.  Alternatively, significantly lower the AP cost of the melee attack while lowering the damage some, so you can move and attack at least once.