Author Topic: GSM Compound help (spoilers)  (Read 49969 times)

Soli

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
GSM Compound help (spoilers)
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:48 am »
I managed to sneak by the Sentrys, because I didn't have enough skill to open the vents, I can persuade the first two raiders, they take me to their leader, but I can't do anything there, they always kill me.  I left the area for now, I don't think I'm leveled or skilled enough to take it on yet.  My current goal is to open that door that Gorsky is standing near.  Do I need to deal with those raiders to get the card key?  Or perhaps the card key is elsewhere?  If not I suppose I could go level somewhere and try to tackle it again.

pekbro

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: GSM Compound help (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:27:30 am »
Thats tough if you dont have the persuasion skill, i just kill the two raiders in the first part, it might take a couple tries. i survived with 6 hp on one play through.  Some times if you antagonize them by telling them you killed their buddy, only one will attack, although thats not always the case. If you have strong psi abilities they are easy, just stun one of them.

Also be careful to make a save you can revert to, my latest character failed that quest for some reason, the key was in my posession but the game refused to acknowledge it, I was forced to lvl outside and use persuasion to close the quest with a failed to find a means to open the door mark.

That quest needs some work imo, you are forced to kill those two or you die if you don't have the intimidation skill or the hp to survive the many free shots on you. Of course its quite doable as you can generally survive the freeshots on you from the two initial raiders.

Great game tho =)

Soli

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:54:26 pm »
Oh it's definitely a great game, and thanks for the advice.  I'm pretty close to leveling, I think I will try to level once and work on my persuasion and intimidation skills, as well as my lock picking to get through those vents. 

I was just kind of hoping I could find the key elsewhere and not have to worry about those raiders, guess that is not the case.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:14:53 pm »
That fight used to be even harder, but I nerfed the archer a bit during alpha release testing. As suggested, try stunning one of this with psi of flashbang.

Soli

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:33:44 pm »
I don't think I have flashbang yet, haha.  What level am I suppose to be here, cause I'm only at level 4.  I guess it's not so much a matter of level, but of skills, for the most part I try to keep them even, which is probably my biggest mistake.

Schwags

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:17:12 am »
How did you get by the Sentrys? That has been the hardest part of the game for me so far.

Schwags

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:36 am »
well made it past the sentries, but it is impossible to get past the next fight. Nothing works. I may have to go back to base and buy some stuff.. but I think I am out of credits as well... ugh...

Schwags

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:08 am »
Figured it out nm