Author Topic: Fists + Force Emissions  (Read 9975 times)

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Fists + Force Emissions
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:53 am »
Hi,

I have been messing around with some melee builds and thought of doing a character that uses manly his fists.

So far seems doable with Force Emission but its somewhat psi expensive. To manage the costs i went for the shroomhead perk and been crafting my own psi boosters.
Opportunistic combined with telekinetic punch and dirty has helped me get as far as the junkyard.
I am going to try to make it to the end of the demo with this build.

Have any of you done anything similar?
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Clawdius_Talonious

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Fists + Force Emissions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:29 am »
Not yet, I love monk style characters, but after making a melee character and fighting some bandits I felt like fists didn't offer as much damage as I wanted. I wound up grabbing the first sledge I could off one of the aforementioned bandits and using that instead. I hope Styg implements my suggestion for an unarmed perk-skill that allows us to apply the tackled debuff to enemies (perhaps my idea for a battle cry as well  ;) ). It would also be nice if there was something akin to the knife perk-skill that allowed you to try to break someone's neck or otherwise inflict significant damage if you successfully snuck up on them without being detected. I'd also love to see some brass knuckles, spiked knuckles etc added that are still considered unarmed attacks. They wouldn't require as much work to implement as any other new weapon class, at least I don't think they would, since you could effectively use the existing unarmed combat animations.

Keep us posted on how it goes, I'm quite interested in doing something akin to this myself.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:03:22 am by Clawdius_Talonious »

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »
I am at the junkyard right now and the game went quite smoothly until now.
I am having some trouble killing the mutants. I can manage 1vs1, but several becomes an issue.

The problem probably resides on my build and tactics. Its a very fun build but it lacks damage, even with the force emissions on.
I havent had much time to play but i will keep pushing and see how far i can go.

Btw, what do you think about a sledgehammer user in metal armor? The only problem i see so far are the penalties associated with encumbrance that dont go well with a sledgehammer since it's attack costs are ap heavy.

From all my playthroughs the safest bet for melee combat is to use a knife with stealth.

I like your idea of implementing unarmed weapons like fallout did. I can see how a powerfist could make this build very viable since what it seems to lack is damage.
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

WolveNZ

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Good Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 07:28:55 pm »
I remember with the Mutants, I just used Mk.4 Grenades and finished them off with a 8.6 Burst from my AR. Im guessing it should work the same with your setup, apart from the face that you will have to 'nade, Stun, Run in, Bash instead of just 'Nade and BANG xD