Author Topic: My attempt at getting all the oddities in the game and a few suggestions  (Read 3760 times)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
So In my last playthrough I tried to get all the oddites in the game and here is the end result:

As you can see, I didn't succeed in getting all of them, but I think I got as close as possible. This is why I think some oddites quantity/placement could use some minor tweaking.

The oddites I'm missing are:

One Black Eye: Those have a limit of three, yet I was able to find only two of them in the utility section. I've searched in all containers in both maps and even killed all the rejects to check if they don't drop them. I'm fairly sure there are only two that can be found. I would suggest adding another one in the utility section or maybe make rejects/Mouth of Tchort drop them. If I did indeed miss it for some reason, disregard it.

Two Electronic Idols: Those have a limit of three as well. The wiki says that they are a rare drop from Lunatics, but in all my playthroughs I only found one carried by the Lunatic Ripper. Since all Lunatics already drop Lunatic Poetry, I would suggest adding them either as a drop from Frost/Vega as welll and add another one in a container somewhere, or just reduce their limit to one.

Three Loaded Dices: I'm really confused about those. They have a limit of four yet I was only able to find a single one in a container somewhere in the Lower Underrail tunnels in a seemingly random location just by pure luck. I find it hard to believe I missed three of them, hell in some of my playthroughs I never found a single one. The wiki says that they can also be found around Rail Crossing but I never found any. I suggest adding a few of them around the Junkyard gambling house, it would fit perfectly. Maybe even in a pocket of one of the gamblers there.

One Quad Damage Module: The problem with those is that they are a fairly rare drop from Industrial Bots. Unlike all other creatures that drop oddites, Industrial Bots do not respawn anywhere and are pretty rare themeselves (I found only 6 of them, 1 in Hollow Earth, 2 in Arke, 2 in Iris Core and 1 in the warehouse). This makes getting Quad Damage Module a matter of pure luck. I would suggest at least making them drop a little more often, if not guaranteed.

Two Train Logs: I'm not sure about those, I might have missed them. The problem with them is they are placed rather inconsistently and it's hard to figure out where to look for them, I remember I found the 6th one in Fraser storeroom which was rather unexpected. The same applies to Train Driver Manuals, which is managed to max just by pure luck as well (the 8th one was sitting in the room of Consul Oliver, even more unexpected). I wouldsuggest adding a few more of those around the Lower/Upper Underrail.

Beyond those, I think everything else is fine more or less. I really liked how Blanket (that zoner watching Arena in his home) has an Arena Broadcasting Schedule in his pockets. Really nice touch, I wish there was more things like that.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: My attempt at getting all the oddities in the game and a few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:57:11 pm »
How did you do that? I am curious, as I have noticed that some would need you assault a faction or a building (e.g. entering one of the three faction buildings in the city prevent you to enter the two others).

Or am I missing something ?

SuNo

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:27:02 pm »
It's fairly easy to do with some planning.

I have noticed that some would need you assault a faction or a building (e.g. entering one of the three faction buildings in the city prevent you to enter the two others).
I'm guessing you are talking about the Sword Handle/Tri-Monitor Street Receiver Blueprint, since they are found in Praetorian Security/JKK HQ.

Or am I missing something ?
The trick is to ask both of them for a job before actually accepting any quests from them- this way you will be allowed to walk freely in both. I joined JKK mainly because you can find Insect Repellent during their questline, but you can choose either of them and still get both.

Keep in mind you will need at least some points in stealth to get the Tri-Monitor Street Receiver Blueprint, while getting the Sword Handle is nearly impossible without throwing a grenade to distract the guards but can be done with no stealth at all.

Alternatively, even if you are not allowed to walk freely in both HQs, you can still sneak into them with high stealth and by throwing a grenade to lure the NPCs away.

I joined Free Drones in order to get both Protectorate Cans- one is found in their main hideout, while the other is found in their Junkyard hideout which can be accessed only during their questline. On the other hand, this also forced me to wipe out almost everyone in Fort Apongee to get Protectorate Insignia from Colonel Cathcart.

I also put some points into pickpocketing to get JKK Pen/Prateorian Securiy Insignia/Black Eel Insignia/Brzozplno Nebrechega Skontam without killing anyone and turning their respective factions hostile.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 12:13:13 pm »
Thanks for the hint. I do not intend to do this completionist quest, but I will certainly remember the trick about JKK/Praetorian. In my run, I used TNT for diverting guards once, but for entering the palace.

SuNo

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 11:22:06 am »
Thanks for the good feedback. There seems to be couple of mismatches regarding what stats some oddities should have and actually have or in the number of planned placements and actual placements. I'll address this below (this will be included in the next patch, whenever that happens).

Black Eye - added two more placements in Deep Caverns.

Electronic Idols - This should actually be a unique oddity that gives 3 xp. Fixed this for the future.

Loaded Dice - Max studies changed to 3 as intended. There is one in Rail Crossing, you'll have to look harder. Also, there should be one in the gambling house, though I can't seem to find it so I put another one. You may not be able to get it depending on what you did in the past.

Quad Damage Module - Since these bots are not that numerous, I upped the drop chance a bit.

Train Logs - Yeah, you rightly identified that the problem with these is that there's too few placements for the amount of studies they allow. Actually, it's the exact number, and since their placement is rather wide, it's easy to miss a couple (or a bunch). Will add a few more of these around.