Author Topic: Gunslinger works for chemical/energy pistols  (Read 3856 times)

RodrigoVega

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Gunslinger works for chemical/energy pistols
« on: August 21, 2016, 08:54:13 am »
Just wanted to report that the Gunslinger feat works for the chemical and energy pistols on my game.
Actually, only the 3AP reduction works. The +7 initiative doesn't.

But I really liked this "bug" on my last playthrough, with my chemical/energy pistol guy focusing on critical damage.
With 10 dexterity, I was able to shoot 3 times per turn (without point shot) : 3x laser pistol or 1x chemical pistol + 2x laser pistol.
And was able to have 6 strength (steadfast aim), 7 agility (interloper), 7 intelligence (mad chemist, practical physicist), 10 perception (sharpshooter) at level 25.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Gunslinger works for chemical/energy pistols
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:59:40 am »
Of course You like this 'bug' because it's how the game should actually work. That's the reason i didn't report it but encouraged to include energimp/chegimpal pistols in Gunslinger as well.

Perhaps it's actually good You put this issue here. It makes it more likely StygSoft will approach it and i'm really curious what will they do.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:41:19 am »
This is actually a bug and I'll fix it in the next patch.

Whether this will require some sort of buff to builds involving other pistol types, we can argue, but this particular feat should be thematically connected to the classic pistols.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 06:09:48 pm »
Ok, but that's sad because Gunslinger fits energy/chemical pistols perfectly, mechanically.

Firearm pistols not only are the fastest pistols, they can also mount Rapid Realoader. Now they're going to be the only pistols affected by Gunslinger. And that's just one area where firearms pwn other pistols.

Energy/chemical pistols will need some buff (unless players stop using them so nobody complains) and the solution is right there ... or maybe there's a better way, i've got a new feat idea:
Toyslinger - when using energy/chemical pistols increases initiative by 7 and reduces AP cost by 3.

But wait, it's too similar to Gunslinger! Let's make it slightly different:
Toyslinger - when using energy/chemical pistols reduces AP cost by 4.

This way Gunslinger will be thematically connected to firearms and energy/chemial pistols will have a feat they really need. Of course having 2 such similar feats rises a question whether or not should they be merged into one.

RodrigoVega

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:28:08 am »
With Point Shot instead of Gunslinger, you can still have the very same build (6 STR, 10 DEX, 7 AGI, 3 CON, 10 PER, 3 WILL, 7 INT at level 25 ) and shoot three times in one turn. The only difference is the precision penalty for the last shot.

And you still have the good combo : taser + execute shot + pistol laser shot.
With Gunslinger it was : taser (10AP) + execute shot with chemical pistol (with an incendiary blob pistol it's really effective because of the damage over time) (18+5=23AP) + a normal pistol laser shot (15AP) = 48AP
With Point Shot it is : taser (10AP) + execute shot with chemical pistol (21+5=26AP) + a Point Shot pistol laser shot (9AP) = 45 AP

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:02 pm »
Thank You for your advice. I'm sure it's a good advice but, unfortunately, not for me. That's because i don't have Execute.
It's too close for comfort, for my taste. Same with Taser and Point Shot (crappy accuracy over medium/long distance).
I don't want to be forced to stay near my enemies nor i want to forced into picking specific feats / use specific tactics. I'd rather have more ways to play a game than less. I want to make use of laser's good range (good for a chem/energy, it's actually standard range of firearm pistols).

Toyslinger would solve my problems. It would not be as good as Gunslinger is for firearms so perhaps small accuracy bonus (like 4%) could be added.
Chemguns and Zapgun have chance based effects. Chance based effects need attack speed. And chances are actually lower than item description says because you need to hit in the first place which is, by the way, harder than with firearms.
This is really needed.