Author Topic: Report spelling/grammar errors  (Read 204192 times)

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Report spelling/grammar errors
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2016, 04:36:47 am »
glimps should be glimpse in Oculus Mainframe dialog

Ref attached

v1.0.1.4

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2016, 04:03:51 am »
I didn't think to record them anywhere, but the 'Gas the Drones' Protectorate quest has a lot of spelling errors. First one I noticed was Mareth misspelling 'Corporal' as 'Corpoal', and several with Will' dialogue thereafter.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2016, 05:49:28 am »
Hmm... Could we extract dialogue string files in some readable format and run them through spell checker?

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
DC Caerus Residential Helting Log 244982
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »
".., on one is likely to get pulled for mutagen work"

Should be:

".., no one is likely to get pulled for mutagen work"

v1.0.1.4

Ref. attached

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Dr Helding vs Dr Helting (SPOILERS)
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »
In S. Parkinson's Log 43214330, T. Borovitch refers to Dr. Helting as Dr Helding.

Seems like an obvious typo - however, I recognize that perhaps the NPC Borovitch made that typo, and not the devs.

But just in case, I report it here..   :)

v1.0.1.4

Ref. attached

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Deep Cavern - King from above
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2016, 09:24:16 am »
I was expecting to run into the Rathound King in the Deep Caverns :)

Anyways, some grammar here:

word: 'discrespected' should be 'disrespected'

missing word: '.. so for that he must demonstrate what happens the mighty Rathound King gets discrespected[sic]'

'.. so for that he must demonstrate what happens when the mighty Rathound King gets discrespected[sic]'

v1.0.1.4

ref attached

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2016, 05:49:10 am »
"Do you want to become a councilor..."

should be

"Do you want to become a councillor..."

YawaUR

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »
I've seen it twice now (and I don't remember where sadly), but "ya'll" is incorrect. It's "y'all".

E:
I've just defeated Stygian Exorcist and then spoken to Garry. He states "Well, I can't say much other than you're up against a difficult opponent. You're going up against one difficult opponent. Not everyone can become the Invictus, you know. [etc]".

Clearly he's very eager to tell me I might be in trouble against Dread Lord.  :P

Come to think of it, I recall NPCs saying invictus but it should really be capitalised due to it being a title, no? I also don't remember where, though most likely around/in the Arena.

E2:
At the Oculus base, hack the console for level 2 access. Access Biocorp files then Old Biocorp.
There appears to be an error which states "Somewhere between hundred fifty-two hundred years ago a revolt [...]".
Having seen a few NPCs tell me Biocorp fell apart some hundreds of years ago, I have a feeling this meant "somewhere between a hundred (and) fifty-two to a hundred years ago" in which case it should be a little clearer.

Once again at the Oculus console, this time access Protectorate Biocorp. It states "Core City is an independent city mostly focus on violent sport entertainment and trade, though local Coretech organization did inherit some of the Biocorp facilities and projects".
I think it'd look nicer as "Core City is an independent city mostly focused on violent sport entertainment and trade, though a local organization by the name of Coretech did inherit some of the Biocorp facilities and projects".

Rupert Simmons under Personal Files. "Rupert was a high ranking Biocorp technocrats before joining Core City rebellion".
I feel this should say "Rupert was a high ranking Biocorp technocrat before joining the Core City rebellion".

Gunnar Edstrom under Personal Files. "Unknown" is misspelt.

Speaking to Phyllis in Oculus, ask her about the Oculus and on the final bit of text that starts with "Ignoring the deadly drop", "any" is repeated twice.

Speaking to Sophie in the Hardcore Bar, "cocktail" is misspelt when speaking about her being alone at the bar.
"Thought" is misspelt when asking her about herself.
Actually, speaking of the Talloskis, is Maxim supposed to deny I'm the Invictus (when I actually am)? I mean, he does watch the fights after all. Plus his dad invited me over, apparently.

E3:
When Georgis gives you the quest to retrieve the protein data, if you already collected it and state this to him, he says "I'll send this right through to my assistants.And this is for you, brother". A space is required before 'and'.
Also when asking him about what the protein data is, he states "Protein design it, by definition, [...]", I believe that should be an 'is'.

When informing Schteff of Pavel's death, a space is required in the sentence "I am responsible for Pavel's death... as well asthe opening of the west wing...".

When informing Rista of the behemoth (as such) and pick the 3rd option to fully explain what went on at Forsaken Island, in the paragraph that starts "So that's what been going on!", there's several errors. Firstly in that sentence alone, then further down it states "Interesting, it really is, but is is an evidence that [...]".

When meeting Eidein in his office for the first time (just prior to the tremors), he states "Welcome back to my office" despite I have never been there before, unless I am mistaken.

Again while speaking to Eidein, this time about his age, the paragraph beginning with "My age is a testament", 'would' is misspelt.

E4:
Perhaps the wiki is wrong but it is telling me the place where the Faceless reside in DC is called "Talos Outpost" but when you're at Arke Powergrid and can allocate power, it is spelt "Tallos".

In Arke Powergrid, when you access the central room (where the red face is), turn off the power at the bottom-right then enter the door to the north. "Taught" is misspelt twice on the security console.

When speaking to Iris, the sentence that starts as "No! No!", a space is required between "NOTstatic".

E5:
When speaking to Six in the elevator, after he bids you to ask questions, choose option 5. The final segment states "I could not explain this things to you", it should be 'these things'.

The ending sequence, I sided with the Black Eels and had the Protectorate move in. During this particular scene, "ambitious" is misspelt.

V1.0.1.10
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:14:20 am by YawaUR »

Phoenix7786

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2016, 02:10:15 am »
Forgive me if these have been posted already, but I am taking great lengths to avoid further spoilers.

1. & 2. When asking Tanner about United Stations he replies "This will, at some point, when certain strong figure is no longer in place, bring about interesting events." You might want to use an em dash or two in there and not an army of commas. This is because em dashes are used for emphasis or interruption. In this situation, Tanner is emphasizing that a certain figure is blocking that. That aside, there is also what I'm quite sure is a missing letter "a" between "when" and "certain". I know in countries where English is not the native language, articles like "a" "an" and "the" tend to disappear. However, it appears great lengths have been made to show Tanner as an educated man and that's why I believe this is a typo and not a character error.

3. When asking Tanner about the Protectorate, he replies: "I could tell you a lot, but the important thing for you to know is it's primarily a military organization run by general Melek." In this case you will want to capitalize general in General Melek's name since it's referring to a specific individual. That's why you see people as Mr. <name>, or Dr. <name>, or President Obama.

4. & 5. When asking Tanner about Omega station, he says "They were a neighboring station, but, unfortunately, some hotheads, primarily on their side, decided  that a coexistence wasn't possible." Once again there are a lot of commas but those can be overlooked since Tanner is pausing. However you'll want another em dash between primarily and side. Tanner is emphasizing in this case that it was Omega who provoked the conflict so you'd want an em dash. In this same speech, there's an extra space between "decided" and "that".

6. Sledgehammer tool-tip probably could use an "a" or "the" in its description.

7. When speaking with the Raider Leader at the GMS compound after passing the required Persuade or Intimidation to be brought to him, there's a line of dialogue that's just empty black space.

8. When speaking to Tanner about his policy of neutrality, he jumps between saying "Protectorate" and "the Protectorate". Given that dialogue quirks could be done intentionally, I'm not sure if he meant to say that or if that was just faulty parallelism on your part when writing the game's text. Lord knows I've done it plenty of times until someone proof-reading my writing points it out.

9. Tool-tip for the adrenal gland reads: "A skilled biologist could extract small amount of adrenaline from this gland." I am fairly certain that there should be "a" between "extract" and "small".

10. Retrieve Kohlmeier's knife quest. When asking about his past and how the knife factors in, he tells you it helped him through tough times. After that, the player replies: 1. "Look, can I help you out somehow? Do you need any foor or something?" I am pretty sure you meant to have us say "food" and not "foor".

11. If you gripe to Tanner about having work already, he replies: "but we need all hands on deck.First, you can have your weapon back." Notice there is no space between "deck." and "First,".

12. If you whine to Big Brett that the tests were hard and you could've used a day off, he'll reply" "Well, I recon they usually would." In this case, you meant to have Bret say "reckon" and not "recon".

13. When speaking to Harold about his battery quest, the player says "curcuit" instead of "circuit".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:02:50 pm by Phoenix7786 »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2016, 09:05:29 am »
Just dropping by to say that we are actually fixing all these typos/errors. :) Thank you all for taking the time to post them. We don't mind if something has already been posted, so no need to apologize for anything; sometimes we miss a thing or two (it is a large thread after all, and the posts can sometimes get long too), so it's never bad to bring that to our attention. Again, thanks and keep it coming.

95Margo

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »
Hello, guys! If you're eager to be immaculate in English grammar, this source is worth visiting as there you can find out a lot of comprehensible materials for especially complicated grammar rules http://royalediting.com/typical-grammar-errors-how-to-avoid-them

Phoenix7786

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2016, 06:41:04 am »
Another typo: When speaking to Wyatt during a certain quest acquire something Tanner asks you to bring back (want to avoid spoilers for those reading) towards the end of his story, Wyatt says "Behind the counter there were those energy cell that I acquired". Notice he says "cell" instead of "cells" since he acquired more than one.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »
Inside bloody mobile computer there's
"Have Al Faber killed"
instead of
"Have Al Fabet killed"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:00:36 pm by hilf »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2017, 04:23:58 pm »
When you talk with West about Strange Device Faceless are looking for.

"I don't what it does"

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:25:47 pm by Fenix »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2017, 12:05:25 pm »
Doctor's Pouch:  "You can continently" presumably should be "You can conveniently" and in the effects section, "consumation" should probably be "consumption"