Author Topic: Played through a couple of times  (Read 46850 times)

Niknud

• Noob
    • View Profile
Played through a couple of times
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:48:39 am »
This game really takes me back to games like fallout and xcom.  That being said there are some modern changes I would like to see go in.  The ability to rotate your camera so you can see from multiple angles.  Stealth not just being a proximity detector but a factor of light, sound and skill.  Enemies that chase you into different zones.  Random encounters in zones you already cleared.  These are just a few things I would like to see come into the game.

Petrell

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Petrell's Domain
Re: Played through a couple of times
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 01:54:52 am »
If I'm not mistaken, game is 2D (or so called 2.5D, 2D faked to appear 3D) so making rotation is not that simple. While it's not impossible, it would probably need lot of time and effort, which could be used to add more content. Nice to have but not essential, IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that game, the alpha build at least, already takes those into account at least on some level when calculating how well you're hidden. It seems easier to hide in dark places, npc's spot you instantly/faster if your skill is not high enough and encumberance is supposed to make hiding in shadows harder (could not figure out if last part worked or not). Or do you mean something else?

Enemies chasing you to other zones might be nice. Now you can pretty much render places inaccessable by retreating from mob to other zone as they swarm you as soon as you go back.

Respawnin enemies are already planned but bit more randomness (monster placement and random encounters) would certainly be nice to increase replayability.

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »
Please no camera rotation. I like the game to be designed with one view in mind so I don't have to rotate it to see everything.

cane

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »
I don't want a camera that rotates either although I'm 99% it won't be added anyway because it would take immense amount of work at this stage of the game

We have the ALT key which is good enough if you ask me

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »
This game really takes me back to games like fallout and xcom.  That being said there are some modern changes I would like to see go in.  The ability to rotate your camera so you can see from multiple angles.  Stealth not just being a proximity detector but a factor of light, sound and skill.  Enemies that chase you into different zones.  Random encounters in zones you already cleared.  These are just a few things I would like to see come into the game.

Hi cane and thanks for the feedback.

As was said, rotating camera (or rather 4 different viewpoints cycling, real rotating camera isn't even possible) will not happen as it would require a lot of graphical work.

Things that affect stealth are: distance, lightning (can be negated through darkvision), sneaker's stealth skill, seeker's detection.

I'm already working on creature respawning mechanics for cleared area and I'm also planning on adding random encounters once the metro system is in place.

Niknud

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 12:36:56 am »
I have been playing the pure stealth class and picking pockets seems almost impossible.  Maybe it just needs some tweaking but at level 10 I still have not successfully picked a pocket without being seen.