Author Topic: So, is the game officially *done*?  (Read 32409 times)

LifeTears

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: So, is the game officially *done*?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 12:43:06 am »
I hope it will be in July new updates.

July is almost over lol, noway

Researcher

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 03:05:38 pm »
How long it will continue, if styg can give the release date.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 09:20:15 am »
How long it will continue, if styg can give the release date.

I will never tell!

Darthgrey

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 12:32:15 pm »
*(probably this month, almost certainly this year, and definitely in my lifetime).

I hope we will see an update this year  :) Can't wait to play the game again with some new content

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 01:14:12 pm »
Well, remember that he said the announcement would most likely come soon and this year. He didn't say that whatever he was going to announce would.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 01:04:26 am »
Keep in mind guys, we have to remember that styg is the kind of person that does not like to promis things. You know, says something will come out but then it unfortunatly does not. But what he did say is that he likes to work on projects and when they come out, they come out. I like how he operates. styg correct me if I am wrong.

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 06:58:17 pm »
I will pray to Tchort for an announcement...

ALL HAIL TCHORT!!!! 

LifeTears

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 05:31:29 am »
*Prying to tchort*

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 12:05:26 pm »
I hope its more content :D

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 08:55:32 pm »
Just remember guys, Gorsky is a bad man, he needs to be killled. He hates protectorat and any one who hates them, Cannot be spared.

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 03:11:01 pm »
Just remember guys, Gorsky is a bad man, he needs to be killled. He hates protectorat and any one who hates them, Cannot be spared.

Well, as for many NPCs, I find Gorsky neither bad or good, he is who he is, with his own motives etc. A little blunt and impolite, though.

SuNo

Cancle

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 03:16:56 pm »
Come on guys do you really have to write (semi) spoliers in this thread?
If you for some reason can not refrain from that please give a warning or even better spoiler cover.

Some of us are still paitiently waiting to play the game. Even though I bought it on Desura several years ago I always wait 1-3 years after release to play a game to get the best experience (due to patches, dlc, more content and mods).

The only reason to play a SP game on release nowdays is a feeling of social belonging and/or preassure. Everyone has tons of backlogs.

/End rant

xammurapi

• Probably not a Spambot
  • xammurapi
    • View Profile
    • umap3d
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »
As I understand it, the Protectorate is a military dictatorship that had no qualms about crimes against humanity. How can you blame someone that he doesn't like it?
Underrail 3d map http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1918.0
My Skype: xinomobile__

SuNo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 03:27:41 pm »
Come on guys do you really have to write (semi) spoliers in this thread?
If you for some reason can not refrain from that please give a warning or even better spoiler cover.

Some of us are still paitiently waiting to play the game. Even though I bought it on Desura several years ago I always wait 1-3 years after release to play a game to get the best experience (due to patches, dlc, more content and mods).

The only reason to play a SP game on release nowdays is a feeling of social belonging and/or preassure. Everyone has tons of backlogs.

/End rant

Dear Cancle,

I am the same like with respect to today's games: you pay them in advance, you wait for them for a year or two or more, and discover they are not finished yet.

However, it does not apply to Underrail: I played it starting May this year, and can tell you that you can start spending time in it.

For your information: I reported 2-3 minor bugs (fixed), 1 suggestion (rejected with good reasons), and one major bug (from my point of view, it is a bug; not answered yet, but not story breaking - just a matter of well... I will not spoil). All in all, I complained to myself during the game (too difficult, no map, where to go, etc.) After finishing the game, I gave it 5 stars here and there, and realised my complains were mostly related to things I had not yet learned well about the mechanics of the game.
Recommendations (this can apply to many games, so I do not consider it a spoiler):
- You MUST use your skills. If not, you die.
- From what I read, whatever skills you learn, you can make it, provided you focus on a few (spoiler : 4-6, my guess)
- There are good endings and probably bad endings (I understand the end phase can be tricky if you don't do xxx or yyy  [I will not give spoilers here]
- There are various ways to accomplish things (I could in many cases choose from 2 or 3 in "dungeons", from 1 or 2 in major battles).
- Spolier: With respect to Gorsky (or any significant NPC or factions), they have some personality, so you have to make some choices... Gorsky is neither bad nor good, he is who he is...

I will not replay the game right now, because I had a very satisfactory run, and don't want to explore the many variations around skill builds and scenarios choices (I missed a thing or two though). However, I will play the DLC provided it is a continuation of the story (so I can level up my Level 25+60XP character) and I might spend another 80 hours in a few years.

SuNo

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:50 pm »
Some of us are still paitiently waiting to play the game.

Why? The game was finished in dec 2015. You don't have to wait for another Christmas to enjoy a complete game. There is some rebalancing underway but this was always the case and will probably take a while before it will be left untouched.