Author Topic: Hazardous Environments- Fire, Ice... Radiation...  (Read 1265 times)

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hazardous Environments- Fire, Ice... Radiation...
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:58:39 am »
This isn't really a suggestion on improving the game, really; it's just something I figured I would be interested in seeing eventually, and I thought I'd submit it here, see how other people react. I think it would be really cool to have environments where you would really have to use the right equipment just to survive, truly hostile environments. Not just places where gas fills a few areas, so you break out your gas mask; imagine ice caves, cold enough so that if you're not wearing insulated gear you're getting hypothermia automatically.

My idea started off as ice caves, since it would be a visually interesting environment, and could easily allow for some great other areas (people have seen The Thing and read At The Mountains Of Madness, right? :P), but what if there were multiple areas like that? For a game set entirely underground, there was a lack of magma anywhere (though I guess we should thank Biocorp for that one, for excellent placement of Underrail). How cool would it be to go into a volcano? I don't think I ever used the fire proximity suit; balancing between that and standard antithermic armor could be a thing. Lastly, the only other vest that provides a resistance to an element that could easily be found in the world is the biohazard vest, which I'm a fan of. Combining the lower caves with the hostile terrain of something like Depot A could be fun.

Don't thing this will actually get anywhere as the game is released, but it would make an interesting expansion. Or mod, really.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:02:33 am by Ninjaxenomorph »