Author Topic: We should be able to craft W2C and JHP ammo  (Read 3382 times)

Megabiquette

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
We should be able to craft W2C and JHP ammo
« on: April 21, 2016, 03:58:02 pm »
Because why not?

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: We should be able to craft W2C and JHP ammo
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 04:22:35 pm »
I agree that it seems logical to me.

+1

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:00:17 pm »
Just making normal ammo would be fun; however, could be used to spam making money...

Megabiquette

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:18:54 pm »
The idea came when I was fighting bladelings. It's really hard to get a good stock of W2C rounds.

By the way, you should raise the oddity drop of the bladelings. Got bored after killing like 25 of them and only getting 2 oddities :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:15:01 pm by Megabiquette »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:09 pm »
It doesn't happen often but acid and laser pistols are actually not a bad option vs bladelings.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 03:09:10 am »
We could just increase the amount of W2C and JHP ammo being sold.

I mean, I am buying 6 of them at a time(7.62mm W2C). Slightly less than 25% of the full clip/magazine/etc, per +hour.

At least give us ability to stock up a bit or buy in bulk for highway-robbery prices, instead of hoarding up W2C throughout entire playthrough.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 08:23:31 am »
If you don't bother buying special ammunition whenever you go about doing the 'silvery rounds', you're doing it wrong.
And by 'silvery rounds' I refer to when you got from merchant to merchant buying the items you want/need, wait 60-90 minutes, rinse 'n repeat.
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:24:52 pm »
If you don't bother buying special ammunition whenever you go about doing the 'silvery rounds', you're doing it wrong.
And by 'silvery rounds' I refer to when you got from merchant to merchant buying the items you want/need, wait 60-90 minutes, rinse 'n repeat.

Nope, I am doing it right. Remember Al Fabet - that guy that goes around core city selling useless junk? I am that guy, but in larger scale.

I am always cycle most of the shops in the game through Core city -> Foundry -> Rails crossing -> SGS -> Junkyard -> Camp Hather -> Core city.
And guess what, You don't get much of those bullets at all because they are not being sold or build sold 6 rounds at a time.

Turns out that 6 bullets x 5 cities(camp hather doesn't sell those) = 30 bullets, per round. Needless to say this is incredibly low amount.
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

Delta07

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 02:37:59 pm »

Nope, I am doing it right. Remember Al Fabet - that guy that goes around core city selling useless junk? I am that guy, but in larger scale.

I am always cycle most of the shops in the game through Core city -> Foundry -> Rails crossing -> SGS -> Junkyard -> Camp Hather -> Core city.
And guess what, You don't get much of those bullets at all because they are not being sold or build sold 6 rounds at a time.

Turns out that 6 bullets x 5 cities(camp hather doesn't sell those) = 30 bullets, per round. Needless to say this is incredibly low amount.
One thing I think Styg could do is take a quick page from Fallout: New Vegas and introduce feats that are similar to Hand Loader and Recycler, so we could craft normal ammo, JHP, W2C, and even batteries for our energy weapons. Maybe make it require being in Foundry, our home in Core City, or something.

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 04:29:46 pm »
I think there need to be more training feats; those would be interesting.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 11:41:32 am »
We'll probably add a blueprint for crafting these bullets at some point. More trained feats is also likely to happen.