Author Topic: Combat A bit too hard?  (Read 13458 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Combat A bit too hard?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »
Secbot isn't a problem.
Grenade + shockbolt, than 2-3 armor piercing bullet from 7.62 or 9 mm (or what you have), or retreat the corner.
I even never use door trick with them.

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »
Secbot isn't a problem.
Grenade + shockbolt, than 2-3 armor piercing bullet from 7.62 or 9 mm (or what you have), or retreat the corner.
I even never use door trick with them.
I mean when I get jumped by 3 of them. You can kill one but the other two can stunlock you indefinitely with flashbangs.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
Of course. Just don't let them do it. Kill one by one.

Reager

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 03:47:35 am »
I'm really wanting to like this game, but the difficulty is just too hard for Normal. I'm a 35 year RPG veteran, and this is just too difficult. When I enter a battle, I basically get one shot to kill the bad guys, or I'm dead. I get my one shot off and then I'm hit by a Telekinetic punch that stuns me and then I get killed the next two turns. My only chance in battles, has been to get one shot off, then leave the zone. I then re-enter the zone to get off another shot, and then leave again. Even the simplest battles, I have to run and flee back to the doctor for healing since I can't afford the health hypos and my healing does not regenerate naturally.  I'm stuck at level 4, and I can't progress anymore because I can't defeat any groups of two enemies or more.
I'll maybe try and re-roll a character in easy mode and see how that goes, but I'm a little dejected right now..

blamzooie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »
This is a mighty old topic, but the advice to use bandages and stimpacks, or even to retreat to another area to heal up still applies in the first part of the game until you get your bearings.

drealmer7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 03:25:03 pm »
I recommend making sure you have at least 2 ways to deal damage (1 weapon + 1 other method - I use traps and metathermics in addition to crossbows.)

Could be your character build could use some tweaking?

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 08:49:43 pm »
Earliest enemies that can use Telekinetic Punch are lunatic brawlers which are level 10. It should go without saying that you shouldn't confront them before leveling up in Depot A, certainly not at level 4. I guess you wandered too far from the warehouse block on your way to Gorsky his first mission.
If you're stuck elsewhere at that level than you're most likely doing something wrong in your character progression. Underrail is not an easy game, true. Common RPG-sense is not enough to make an effective character without the knowledge of fundamental game mechanics. Otherwise it's very easy to screw the build up. I suggest you check the Underrail Wiki and get familiar with basics or at least check some of the posted builds in the general forum.
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php