Author Topic: Awesome Game! Small suggestions on throwing  (Read 1243 times)

Bog

• Noob
    • View Profile
Awesome Game! Small suggestions on throwing
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:51:11 am »
Hi,

First thank you for this wonderful game. I bought two copies, and really really enjoy playing it! You've managed to create a successor to Fallout 2, without just copying it.

I've been playing a throwing only character. Now I understand this is not supposed to be viable, but I've had a lot of fun with it, killing enemies with throwing knives and a lot of grenades. I'm not asking for a buff to throwing, however I have two small suggestions that I think make sense :

1- When crafting throwing knives with different metals, different throwing knives should be created. I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that throwing knives made of tungsten were exactly identical to steel throwing knives ^^.
2- Vile weaponry should consider throwing knives as cold weapons.

Of course these are very minor changes and I understand if you have other things on your plate, and if these changes are never implemented the game will still be in my top 5 of all times, but since you're now at the polishing stage I thought I'd mention them.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Game! Small suggestions on throwing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:43:02 am »
Heya,

2 - but cold knives cannot apply bleeds, did you get it mixed up with some other feat?

Bog

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:54:42 pm »
Wow I can'tell believe I read the description of the feat 10 times and didn'the realise it was applied by bleeding... well sorry for wasting your time ^^.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:24:14 am »
As for the knives made from different metals - it could be interesting, but considering that the throwing knives already vary by poison, I'm not sure I'd like to spend too much time on creating variations along another dimension there. It might happen, but currently my priorities are elsewhere.