Author Topic: Black Eels hostile after SRO assault (spoilers)  (Read 3288 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Black Eels hostile after SRO assault (spoilers)
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:15:16 pm »
So, I did final mission for Free Drones, which included assault on the South Rail Outpost.

I did not enter the embassy after that. Instead, I retreated to Free Drone base, and everything is good.

But, if I go to the Junkyard by the boat, all Black Eels are hostile.

Now, while Black Eels did get help from Protectorate in the past, at this point there were no Protectorate presence at the docks. They all seem to have pulled off Junkyard.

Yet Black Eels still attacked. This seems to be bug.

Also all my SGS credits became worthless after this. With Colton gone, there are no other merchants in the whole game that would exchange SGS credits for the stygs (really?!?)

On the other hand, I find it nice touch that embassy doors, from Junkyard side, are closed and locked after this point.

Also, is it per design that after this mission, Protectorate forces will always be hostile to you (with exception of Core City docks)?

While I kinda understand it, it does seem forced, since none of the other anti-Protectorate missions lead to this result.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:05:32 pm by player1 »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Black Eels hostile after SRO assault (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:36 am »
Can anyone confirm this issue?

Devs, can this be confined as bug?

Is it per design, and if not can it worked around, until official fix is made?

Also, can you confirm that global Protectorate hostility is per design or not?

EDIT:
If confirmed that Black Eel hostility is a bug, does anyone know what needs to be edited in the save files to remove that hostility?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:54:00 am by player1 »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46:23 am »
The hostility is a bug and has just been fixed but will most likely not be released with this patch as it's already in the testing phase. Also, attacking Epione Lab will cause Fort Apogee to turn hostile, but Port Zenith will remain neutral.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:54:27 pm »
Just to verify:
Fort Apogee hostility after last Free Drones mission is a feature.

Also how will Protectorate embassy be handlesd after the fix? Will it use hostile or neutral status toward player?
Personally I'm fine with any option, as long as Black Eels are not hostile.

Additinally I think it would be great enhancement if starting assault on SRO would make embassy elevator lose power.
So that only Junkyard gives access to Embassy. At least without violently clearing out the Embassy itself. It would make sense from embassy defense standpoint and would explain why free drones do not push forward toward embassy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:04:15 pm by player1 »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »
Yes, Fort Apogee being hostile to the player is intended.

Currently, the Protectorate forces inside the embassy will be hostile to you the moment you attack SRO. However, they retreat inside and fortify their positions only after you turn in the quest, so when you return you'll see that the Free Drones guarding SRO and that the elevator has now been sealed (making the Junkyard the only entrance to the embassy, as you said).

I like the suggestion about the elevator becoming powered off, more so because it has given me some other ideas which might spice things up a bit more. But I'd rather not reveal or promise anything. I'll just mark this down and wait for the right time. :)