Author Topic: Port Zenith quest bug?  (Read 2924 times)

Megabiquette

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Port Zenith quest bug?
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:43:29 pm »
The guy I'm supposed to bribe doesn't want to talk to me anymore, is it working as intended? I didn't try to bribe him during my first dialogue and now I'm stuck because I don't have the skills for the other quest options.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Port Zenith quest bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:53:26 am »
Well, if you try to intimate him and fail, he will refuse to speak with you from that point on, so technically it is intended. But, since you can't brute force this mission from outside (the warehouse doors cannot be lockpicked or unlocked with a key), and you could be short on other skills, we'll change the superintendent to react differently to your intimidation attempts. Will also try to tweak some other things in order to give the player some more room to deal with this quest.

Gyrosser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 04:09:10 am »
I'm having a bit of trouble on this one, so the only way in (after Ruben stops talking to me) is to pickpocket him, or pick the lock? I tried setting off a bomb to get him to move but he stayed put while all the other guards went to check it out.

So, currently, I can only kill him to get the key since I have 0 pickpocket and cant pick the lock fast enough to get in before he tocies me. I figure killing him is off the table since I dont want to piss off all of the city guards

any help appreciated

Gyrosser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:21 am »
i managed to get in by stacking agility enhancing food, agility and stealth enhancing shoes, and a stealth generator. Now im trying to use the Bob disguise, but the NPC's seem to realize who I am randomly. I realize bumping into them causes this, but they will sometimes call me out from like 8 spaces. is there a trick to this?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:43:02 am by Gyrosser »

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 08:31:36 am »
Hm. I don't know if I do well unearthing this topic (sry moderation), but I'm stuck at port Zenith entrance and don't know what to do.

I must failed an check with the superintendant long time ago, I don't remember.
But now I have Bob's card and armor, 181 effective persuasion, 234 effective intimidation, play a psi bomber in riot armor (lol lockpiking ? What is it ?) and can't enter. Doors are simply "locked", superintendant doesn't want to talk to me, Lloyd attacks me after all dialogue choices (maybe 'cause I play a girl, so Bob's card...), pass by the water on jetski doesn't works neither.

May I just abandon this quest ?

[EDIT] I also can craft hi-quality shields emitters. Can I try this way to equip the scrubs ? :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 09:14:06 am by Fufuneraire »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 08:04:03 am »
Hm. I don't know if I do well unearthing this topic (sry moderation), but I'm stuck at port Zenith entrance and don't know what to do.

I must failed an check with the superintendant long time ago, I don't remember.
But now I have Bob's card and armor, 181 effective persuasion, 234 effective intimidation, play a psi bomber in riot armor (lol lockpiking ? What is it ?) and can't enter. Doors are simply "locked", superintendant doesn't want to talk to me, Lloyd attacks me after all dialogue choices (maybe 'cause I play a girl, so Bob's card...), pass by the water on jetski doesn't works neither.

May I just abandon this quest ?
You don't have to finish it, it's not required for the main story progress.

[EDIT] I also can craft hi-quality shields emitters. Can I try this way to equip the scrubs ? :P
We really ought to add this option at some point.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 11:24:04 am »
We really ought to add this option at some point.

Actually, this has been sitting in my TODO list for quite a while, now that I look at it. We'll get around to implementing it eventually, I hope. :D

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 11:27:00 am »
I guess you have alot of other thigs to do actually. Anyway, thanks for your answers : it's cool to know if you can do something or not. RPG rules, sometimes you can't :P