Author Topic: First look :)  (Read 8130 times)

nockeer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
First look :)
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:49:23 am »
Very nice game :) In this development stage - it's look like solid beta.

I think this game looks as Fallout 3 - maybe it should be called 'real successor' ;) It has two main elements which i missed in F1 i F2 - crafting and mental abilities.

One thing at this moment annoying mi in game - text. It has too small font, so reading is little painful :) Bigger font and (maybe) bold, please :)

PS. Two question:

1) How to change kind of bolts for crossbow. My crossbow shoots normal bolts, but i want to shoots with putrefying bolts.
2) Quest with shooting range. I talk with Gorsky - he explain how to use console, i set up range, shoot 10 rounds and nothing. I talk after shooting to Gorsky, but there is no option to finish this quest.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:55:08 am by nockeer »

Koschey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: First look :)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:50:01 am »
Hey nockeer,

regarding your second question, did you end the session at the console? I forgot it the first time around as well, even though Gorsky explicitly tells one to do so ;)

How to change ammunition for the crossbow is something I'd also like to know. So far nothing I tried let me use the putrefying bolts.

EDIT: Got it. To use the putrefying bolts, put them in a utility belt slot (the red ones to the left in the inventory). From there, you can access them in battle.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:53:08 pm by Koschey »

nockeer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:01 am »
So it name 'Putrefying bolt' isn't bolt, but dart. Name is little misleading :)

'Shooting range' solved - it must be done on short range.

About text - is option to set large font, but it concerns only font in dialog boxes. It should option to set large font in description box.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:20:41 am by nockeer »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:10:12 am »
Hey, I'm glad you're liking it.

As for your questions, it's like Koschey said:

1) Equip it as Koschey explained. It's technically a bolt, because you can only use it with a crossbow (must have a crossbow as current weapon). ;)
2) You need to end the session after you shoot it 10 times, range doesn't matter.

nockeer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:32 am »
ad 2) I think it's matter. I shoot 10 shots on 8 yards at first. I ended session and try to talk to Gorsky. There was no option to finish quest. Same at distance 10 yards. Then after shooting at distance 5 yards i could finish quest.

ad 1) I put PB at belt like suggested Koschey, but still can't change ammo for crossbow :/

PS. Sorry for my poor english :)

Koschey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:34:09 am »
Hey nockeer,

ad 2) It does not matter, I finished the quest with a distance of 8 yard. It is important to hit 10 times, not shoot 10 times. So it probably worked at a shorter distance for you because the targets were easier to hit and thus you never missed.

ad 1) If you are wielding a crossbow in your active hand and the PB is in one of your belt slots, just use the corresponding key (Q,W,...).
The ammo for the crossbow does not need to be changed. I guess because you don't really load a magazine into the crossbow, but 'load' each bolt individually, loading and shooting a bolt are treated as one single action. So standard bolts are used per default unless you choose a specialty bolt from your belt (which I like as a design decision by the way).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:36:00 am by Koschey »

nockeer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:24 pm »
ad 1 and ad 2) You have right :)

More notices:

1) Rest option - it could be helpful
2) More info about world - some docs about SGS, a bits of info about world. I hope that will be extended in full game
3) Durability of items, especially chest armor - i can get a plenty of hits and my armor is still in one piece. I think it's too easy.
4) Better graphic of items - they are awful after few hours of gameplay - especially icons of weapons ;)

Wanamingos

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »
The game is excellent. I played for about 6 hours. Discovered all that is possible. I killed a fisherman and Jack Quicksilver. And then I saw the one thing that should be changed. If you kill a soldier SGS .... and no one saw it ... then ... other soldiers and the inhabitants of the SGS base does not have to know about it!
(sorry for my English - I am from Ukraine)))

nockeer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »
I played second time. Now i have 'psionist' with evasion/dodge - no gun, no grenade, no melee. Psi fight is even better then gun fighting :D

On forum are topics about map and running. Because encounters don't spawn maybe there should be option for quick travel between explored areas?