Author Topic: Foundry turn hostile when going near the prison entrance  (Read 2813 times)

deeves

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Foundry turn hostile when going near the prison entrance
« on: February 16, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »
Not sure if this is intentional. I killed everyone in the Foundry prison to free Todor, there were no witnesses and the video wiped. I can enter Foundry no problem. However, when going near the prison entrance again near the electronic shop, everyone in Foundry turn hostile.

So, I can never enter the electronic shop from the east exit. Coming from the north is fine though, as long as don't get too close to the prison staircase.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Foundry turn hostile when going near the prison entrance
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:03:35 am »
Are you sure you deleted all video footage?

The same happened to me until I was able to do it the stealthy way. NO camera detected me; freed Todor and now when returning to prison a guard just told me to go out. No issues navigating Foundry.

deeves

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:03:24 am »
I'm pretty sure. The first time I tried it I forgot to delete the video footages. This causes the guards to attack me from the main entrance. After replaying the segment and deleted all the footages, I managed to be able to get back into foundry without any problems.

If it helps, here's my saved game. Note that I can walk freely around Foundry with the exception of going near the prison entrance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4yfiyu6ggbdyzh/Bug%20Test.zip?dl=0

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 11:21:37 am »
I loaded your save and indeed, going near the prison entrance initiates hostility with Foundry. There is a trigger near the stairs which checks whether you should be hostile with Foundry after leaving the prison, and the game thinks you are guilty for some reason. I'll definitely test this some more, but if nothing else, the same hostility should trigger even if you leave through the cave exit, which is probably what you did. Since we'll be releasing a new patch Very Soontm, the fix to this will probably come at some later time.

So stay tuned and stay hardcore, people. :)

deeves

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 08:36:33 pm »
Thank you for looking into it :)

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:34 am »
There was a bug with trigger zones fixed here Re: Talloski manor faction goes hostile when entering from basement:
(Foundry prison, for example, is likely to have the same issue as the manor if you enter it from the cave).
I realise you're approaching the prison from Foundry ground level that's triggering hostilities, but enough about the bug report sounds similar that there might be a common cause and a common fix.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 03:05:17 pm »
It turns out that the cutscene during which you speak to Todor after helping him escape messes up the hostility triggering (which should happen right at the cave exit if you deserve it). That's why it triggered only after you approached the prison stairs, where there is a second trigger in case you decide to leave the prison through the main entrance. Oh, well - fixed for the next update.