Author Topic: Some questions about end-game Section (DC) things i REALLY cannot figure out.  (Read 2688 times)

Tamaster

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have been in DC for quite some time now, but there still are things i nearly lost hope understanding.

=== SPOILERS AHEAD READ ONLY IF YOU COMPLETED THE GAME ===

Things i have done so far:

- Talked with Leo
- Cleared Arke Power Station and defeated the AI
- Found all the door mechanism pieces and repaired the Gate Mechanism
- Killed the Plant boss and got Myokardia
- Destroyed Faceless camp and all sentry posts

What i really, really cannot figure out:

1. I have got Myokardia or whatever it's called, the heart of that plant you kill in the fungal section. What am i supposed to do with it? I have 120 Biology but i can't do stuff with it.

2. I cannot find Maria Hope's Keycard. Now, i know it is in the Residential block and i have restored power to it, defeated all coil spiders, but all doors and i mean ALL have 90 hacking which i have not so i cannot open them.

3. I don't know what to do with all the Mutagen tanks i have found. I have like 10 of them, all different. I resotred power to Mutagen Tanks B, thought maybe had something to do with that, but i didn't find anything there.

4. I am with Tchortists. I have destroyed Faceless camp, all dead, but there is a bunch of prisoners in a cell, i looted all the lootable things around but no key, how can i set them free?

Thanks in advance for any answer, it really bothers me to ask here but i really don't know how to progress from here, i am losing hope.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:09:13 am by Tamaster »

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
1. You need to use it to make biocide. There's a special device that can do this in Hollow Earth (along with some devices for scanning mutagenic sequences), behind a door that requires power to Hollow Earth in order to access.

2. There should be a master keycard for the residential block in a desk on the ground floor, I think?

3. These are for an obscure puzzle that affects the final encounter of the game. Don't worry about it for now, you won't be able to do anything with them until after you open Tchort's door.

4. Didn't side with the Tchortists or kill the Faceless so I don't know about this one, sorry.

Edit: wait, I think I do know where the key for the Faceless camp prison is. Should be on one of the Faceless centaurs hanging out in the barracks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:58:45 am by Sanger »

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
3. You can find out what to do with them after you read one of the computer logs at the residential complex. The janitor keycard is on the ground floor.

4. They key for the cell was on some faceless, from what I remember. Loot all the corpses.

Tamaster

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Thanks for your replies everyone!

I have managed to reach Tchort now, but my All-Psi (220 in each) / Throwing / Biology / Chemistry /Electronics / Mechanics / Evasion / Dodge character, which worked very good so far, is not standing a chance against him.

Area of effect attacks such as Ice Ball (yeah it has another name i know) and Pyrokinesis, which are my 2 main DPS Psi abilities, cannot hurt him, only his tentacles which anyway respawn. He is also immune to most other abilities and has a staggering 2000HP, with a 200 (!!!) Hp regen per turn.

Oh yeah also my Mark 5 Grenades and Napalm do not hurt him aswell. Awesome.

This is completely insane.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Have you tried solving mutagen puzzle before battle?

Also, have you tried destroying mutagen tanks during battle?

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Thanks for your replies everyone!

I have managed to reach Tchort now, but my All-Psi (220 in each) / Throwing / Biology / Chemistry /Electronics / Mechanics / Evasion / Dodge character, which worked very good so far, is not standing a chance against him.

Area of effect attacks such as Ice Ball (yeah it has another name i know) and Pyrokinesis, which are my 2 main DPS Psi abilities, cannot hurt him, only his tentacles which anyway respawn. He is also immune to most other abilities and has a staggering 2000HP, with a 200 (!!!) Hp regen per turn.

Oh yeah also my Mark 5 Grenades and Napalm do not hurt him aswell. Awesome.

This is completely insane.
MK5 grenades are useful only for destroying mutagen tanks, the problem is if you move in the direction of the tanks, tentacles and tchortlings will follow. You could try to throw the grenades from a distance, apparently it's possible to destroy two tanks when standing near the entrance (?).

Or don't bother with the tanks and just try to overcome the regeneration. The only psi that is useful against tchort is thought control, as it has no resistance against it. Some tentacles aren't immune either, so you can try Locus of Control, followed by mass enrage. As for tchort: implosion, followed by neural overload spam (there should be enough materials in deep caverns to make yourself a thought control headband).

Tamaster

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions about Tchort.

I have tried the battle what, 50 times maybe? Probably more. I tried to destroy the tanks, managed to get 2 down at my best, but then the tchortling / tentacle spam killed my character. even with a 1000+ capacity shield and biohazard suit, there are far too many enemies, i simply get blasted to hell before i can kill tchort directly or destroy all tanks, there is too much DPS going on from the enemy side.

Maybe my PSI build is wrong in some way, but it worked well until here.

I simply have started another (third) campaign with a sniper rifle / crafting / stealth / hacking oriented build this time. After seeing a guy 1 shot Tchort with a 2000 HP crit with a sniper, i want to believe!

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I think with Psi it comes down to the following: do you have Locus of control and have you solved the mutagen puzzle (it reduces the amount of tentacles present)? If so, it should be doable with your build. However, it might require you to switch your gear and tactics a little bit. Metathermics is useless in this fight, it's all about thought control.

Before giving up completely, I'd try the following:

Craft yourself a thought control headband (materials are in the warehouse area). Solve the mutagen puzzle, if you haven't yet. Switch the biohazard suit (if it's the heavy one from deep caverns) for other armor, what you need first and foremost is mobility to get to tchort as quickly as possible and mechanical & cold resistance (if the cryo-tentacle is still alive).

Go straight for tchort, ignore the mutagen tanks. Use locus to mass enrage the tentacles that are close to tchort. First spell to use on tchort should be implosion, followed by neural overload spam (even better of you have psionic mania for a guaranteed critical). If you are standing practically next to tchort and surround yourself with a force field, the tentacles shouldn't be able to reach you from that position, giving you 2 turns (or 4, if you have force user) safe from their attacks.

If any tchortlings eventually show up, set the bridge behind you on fire with cocktail grenades, they won't walk through fire.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Interesting...

My current build for 2nd playthrough is PSI/ASSAULT hybrid, which does not use though control (has 2 other psi skills), but is good in assault rifles.

I guess I'm lucky to have diverse build. It would really suck if I focused on non-though control PSI only.  :P

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
It depends on the rest of your build; you can still damage tchort with metathermics and psychokinesis, but because it will take longer, such a character needs better defense.