Author Topic: Praetorian Find Acid hunters quest not triggering 1.0.0.10  (Read 2327 times)

Wing

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Praetorian Find Acid hunters quest not triggering 1.0.0.10
« on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:41 am »
I had joined Praetorian after becoming invictus and I had saved Buzzer but the quest did not trigger until I went back to buzzer and talked to him again.

I don't know if it matters but I had saved Buzzer by negotiating with the Faceless leader and Buzzer stayed upstairs instead of going downstairs unlike my other playthrough where I killed the Faceless in the shop.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:51:26 am by Wing »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Praetorian Find Acid hunters quest not triggering 1.0.0.10
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:15:58 am »
And bug is?

Wing

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 02:41:08 am »
The bug is I have to talk to him AGAIN. According to the wiki as long as I know about Cornell from him and gained enough rep in the arena, I get to trigger the quest.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:49:18 am »
So did you get information about Cornell from him during first dialogue, and got the quest to go to Core City?

Wing

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 07:33:46 am »
Maybe you misunderstand the quest I am referring to. I did get the information on Cornell the first time I spoke with Buzzer. The quest to go to Core City is given by Tanner once you finish the digger control board quest. The quest I am referring to is the one where you joined the Praetorians and have to meet the messenger that tells you to go talk to Archibald Knight about finding the Acid Hunters who purportedly killed his son.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:52:26 am »
Technically, you also need to learn the name of Cornell's gang, the Acid Hunters, for the quest to trigger, which Buzzer mentions once you ask him if he knows where Cornell is heading. My guess is that you probably asked him the first few questions and missed that last one. I did a quick check in his dialogue file just in case, but everything seems alright.

Wing

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 07:53:14 am »
Possibly, but I tend to go through the dialog options as I know the game is particular that way. [spoiler](especially implicating the acid hunters in  the missing couple quest, my god)[/spoiler]We'll see if I decide to do another build if it happens again.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 07:59:17 am »
Truth to be told, if quest log was made to be dynamic (which I think it was originally planned, then dropped from the game), then issues like this would not happen.

For example, any kind of checkpoint in the quest would update quota log and give feedback to the player that they did something that advanced the quest.

Game does cheat this in, couple of times, by completing the quest and adding a new quest, but most of the time player is left clueless regarding quest progress.