Author Topic: Failed Save/load in GMS compound  (Read 1956 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Failed Save/load in GMS compound
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »
So, I'm in the GMS compound, level 2.
I've beat the shit out of the entire security, though I had a load error before I finished that.
Now, when I save, it says it failed to save, though it apparently still does, and when I try to use the hatch, it fails to load the zone;
With the created autosave failing to load and in consequence deleting itself.
Seemingly, random saves now tell me they failed to create, but they certainly exist afterwards. Well, not sure if they can be loaded.
The problem dissolved after I went up, then down again.
I can try to reproduce it tomorrow, though I don't know how I produced it in the first place. Luckily I save like a madman when I attack 3 Sentry bots only armed with a Hammer.  :-X
Edit: Continued. Everything since I got down there is gone, the 'Hatch' autosave is the only non-corrupted file I have of that area.

Add:
Today, tried again from past the Hatch.
Worked so far.
As I couldn't possibly get past the Raider Leader with just melee, I went to the Junkyard to grab parts for a good Tac Vest.
Saw a regen Vest that I had to have, did the quest with breaking into a house, all fair game. Then when I bought the vest, the saving failed again; The save shows below the previous Autosave now and has the same picture as well. Don't know what happened there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:23:16 pm by UnLimiTeD »
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.