Author Topic: What's the point of silenced weapons?  (Read 5835 times)

Doomjoon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
What's the point of silenced weapons?
« on: January 31, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »
Silenced weapons (crossbows, silenced pistols and whatnot) never really seemed to do anything different than any other. You fire, and the enemies notice you (because obviously you shot/killed one of them). I presume that it makes the difference in that, while it is still your turn, you can make continuous stealth attacks, while with an unsilenced weapon, your stealth bonuses go away after your first shot. I haven't managed to find it anywhere explained, and I haven't properly tested this yet, so here I ask.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:12:39 pm by Doomjoon »

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: What's the point of silenced weapons?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:24:15 pm »
well every time you shot with a non silent weapon it makes noise, if you kill an enemy and nether he or you produced sound, enemies in the next room wont come and check what happen. It allows you to go stealthy through bases where enemies are not in an area close one to another where they can see if some of there fellows get shot.

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »
That is good question, because stealth it is gonna be my next playthrough
and if I'm not mistaken,crossbows it is the only weapon that you can kill completely stealth.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 10:49:11 pm »
Crossbows, silenced guns, knives, bear traps, and certain psi powers such as neural overload can be used for silent kills. You will have to either kill your target in one turn, though, or incapacitate it, so it cannot holler for help, or otherwise make noise that would attract enemies.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Doomjoon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »
Oh, I see. I thought so, but I was hoping for a bit more, since you're not often gonna come into a situation where you can clear a room silently in a single turn. Still, seems like it's worth carrying a stealthy weapon with you then, depending on your build that is.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:01:05 pm by Doomjoon »

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:15:54 pm »
Its less about enemies in the same room and more about enemies just off screen/in the next room

Shamoke

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 07:12:03 pm »
Silent kills worked really well on my psionic playthrough since the quiet skills are also strong. My current sniper playthrough can't really get silent kills since 5mm is the only type you can add a silencer to which is too weak to kill most things in a single turn.