Author Topic: combat hangup after killing enemy  (Read 5863 times)

scazzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
combat hangup after killing enemy
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:37:52 pm »
Having a problem with combat hanging up after having killed an enemy and ending my turn. After I press end turn, the hourglass just spins endlessly. This is the second run through I have experienced this and both times happened at the exact same time and place during the game.

It happened after handing in the drill rotor board to Tanner and triggering the core city faceless cut scene. I bought TNT and cleared the rock stack directly east of where Old Jonas is in the caves outside SGS. I transitioned east to the next area intending to visit camp hathor. Any combat I initiate after that point hangs up as soon as I kill an enemy and then press end turn.

It doesn't matter which enemy I kill, they all cause the hang up. I can take actions and move around in combat. The hangup only occurs after killing an enemy and ending the turn.

I have a save file and can provide it. Loading the file always replicates the bug.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: combat hangup after killing enemy
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »
Are you still able to reproduce it after restarting the game?

scazzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 12:56:46 am »
Right I was unaware this had been flagged already. Exiting and reentering the game fixed the problem for me. At least I can continue with my run :) Is it still worth me sending through the save file?

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:44:39 am »
Warning: asking questions wall of text incoming.

I have started Underrail 13 times now and I have only had one crash runnng under W10 x64. And I think it was because I had left some application running in the background.

What Operating System do you have?
How many RAM?
Do you have Underrail up to date?
Do you have all drivers for your hardware up to date, specially graphic card ones, chipset, etc?
What antivirus do you use?
What do you have running at the background and/or when Windows starts?
Could you find out whether your pc is malware clean or not?

scazzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:33:10 am »
Elpusher, let me clarify. This is not a crash. This is a hangup. When the bug happens, I can still still press esc and the menu comes up as usual. I can select an option from that menu and it will execute. I can scroll around with the mouse and push the camera around the map.

The game is for some reason, simply unable to resolve the turn. Both times it has happened to me, somewhere in between triggering the attack cutscene in Core City. The next time I entered combat the bug occurred.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 07:39:13 am »
Aha, thanks for clarifying things up  8)

So, is everything running fine for you (other games) but this weird issue?. Your system must be fine then.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:46:53 pm »
Is it still worth me sending through the save file?

No, but, as epeli said, if you discover a way to reproduce it every time (I'll try the scenario you described), that would be golden.

hayaku

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:36:13 pm »
So far I have replicated the bug about 5 times in a row... always following the same sequence.

Worst part is... I am not even intending to replicate it!!! I am just fighting a really hard battle and it keeps playing out the exact same way D:

Omega basement... 3 thugs in the bar with the 3 civilians...

Every time I kill the one with the SMG (not the leader, the one standing in the top right) using ice bolt to end the battle it crashes.
When I kill him other ways or in another order it seems fine.

hayaku

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »
Ok.... forget that...

I've played it out other ways. It seems no matter who I kill or in what order, even ending combat and restarting it... if the person who I kill has at some point been under the "fear" spell it crashes the game when they finally die.

Makes no difference if they have recovered or not... killing them crashes the game.

Tried it several times now in different combinations

hayaku

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
Ok sorry to be a pain - nothing at all to do with fear

The last one to die crashes it. I've killed them all in different orders using different combinations of magic and unarmed combat at that seems to be the only common factor.

At this point... its game breaking. I don't know what to do  :-[

MrBurnside

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 10:01:37 pm »
I'm stuck with a similar problem.  Any enemy I kill, across any number (well... a dozen anyway) of loading screens, causes the game to hang.  I hadn't updated in a while and was playing in 1.0.1.8 (gog) but the bug persists after updating.  Any advice?

wesleyclark

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 04:34:27 pm »
I am also having this issue.  All combat will result in the hourglass spinning after killing an enemy.  Currently stuck in the first quest (killing the rathound to retake the outposts and get the tissue sample) as killing the first rathound will not end the combat.

Core i7-6820 @ 2.7 Ghz
16GB ram
GeForce GTX 980M
Win10 64bit

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 09:40:15 am »
I am also having this issue.  All combat will result in the hourglass spinning after killing an enemy.  Currently stuck in the first quest (killing the rathound to retake the outposts and get the tissue sample) as killing the first rathound will not end the combat.

Core i7-6820 @ 2.7 Ghz
16GB ram
GeForce GTX 980M
Win10 64bit

From what people reported, it seems to be an issue with changing audio output devices during combat or something like that. Did you perhaps plug/unplug your mic or something similar?

wesleyclark

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 01:43:45 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

No, I was using the laptop speakers and did not have any audio device plugged in.