Author Topic: (Spoilers) Mysterious Cube  (Read 4170 times)

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(Spoilers) Mysterious Cube
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:54:23 am »
Is there a way to steal the mysterious cube? That is, to leave the DC with it still in your inventory. I've tried:

1. Leaving it in random lockers: The Faceless find it
2. Leaving it on the ground: The Faceless find it
3. Leaving it on the ground with a force field around it: The Faceless find it, and the force field remains around it.
4. Beginning battle with the Faceless, but running past them: Six takes it from you
5. Getting past the Faceless, but leaving it on the ground before you get on the elevator: Six mentions the Faceless find it despite your foolishness.

I haven't yet tried:
6. Killing every last one of the Faceless in DC, but leaving it on the ground before the elevator.
7. Hacking it into my inventory after giving it to the Faceless(to see Six's response)
8. Hacking it into my inventory after leaving the DC
9. Hacking it into Leo's inventory and then buying it from him once you get past Six.
10. Hacking it out of the game completely before talking to the Faceless, so that it no longer exists at all(just to see what happens).
11. Leaving it on the ground after killing Tchort. I'm sure the Faceless will find it, but I saved shortly after picking it up and don't want to redo the Tchort fight.
12. Inspecting the game code to see if there are any missing dialog options.

Anyone have any ideas?

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) Mysterious Cube
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:25:10 am »
13. What if you kill Six in Oculus beforehand, so that he isn't around to stop you from stealing the Mysterious Orb?

From the wiki, it looks like he's invulnerable to damage:
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Six

No idea if he has the same bug as The Beast that lets you Expose Weakness him and then kill him, though.

14. He's immune to Electrokinetic Imprint and TNT while walking to the elevator.
15. You can successfully stop his pathing with a force field, molotov, or exothermic aura. But when the map transitions into the DC elevator, he still teleports in.
16. Locus of Control and Exothermic Aura expire during the conversation so you have no chance to kill him or be immune to his stun while in the dialog.
17. Here's a dialog inconsistency: If you drop the artifact at your feet while in the elevator, it will be dragged up with the elevator with you. However, Six will comment that the Faceless picked it up even though it was with you along.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:15:00 am by MichaelBurge »

jznightmare

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) Mysterious Cube
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:04 pm »
after killing tchort and getting the cube then exporting your char. do you get the cube when you start a new game using the exported char?