Author Topic: Tithonus Station [spoilers]  (Read 2263 times)

Lazarus

• Noob
    • View Profile
Tithonus Station [spoilers]
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:22:50 am »
Now I'm not actually sure if this is tithonus station at all, since none of the locations in Deep Caverns have any signs or anything.
But, I'm stuck in what seems like pretty much a dead-end here.

As far as I've understood, you're supposed to retrieve one of the gate parts from this station with bunch of suspension cells in it.
The problem is that when I release the cells, the door to the interior opens up, but with it, these doppelganger like apparitions appear.
They are placed in front of doors, in every corridor, and one even convienently blocks the circuit breaker that I'm supposed to gain access to, to power up the computer.

Now what I'm getting at here is, that my character is at the level cap, isn't PSI based, nor do I have enough sneak to succesfully move around them.
So what I'm I supposed to do here if I can't either kill them or move past them?

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
Re: Tithonus Station [spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »
You have to manually (i.e. by interacting with them) destroy the stasis cells one by one, which will permanently kill the ghosts (who otherwise would just resurrect, even if you were a thought controller).
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
Sneaking is the only way if you don't have psi - you can actually do that no matter your stealth, I believe, since they have true sight (so stealth doesn't matter) but a short sight range. Just be patient, and instead of trying to sneak through at the first entrance to the right, go back towards the building's exit, where you have to sneak past the ghost of a fat guy, and then go from there. Some parts are frustrating, but none are impossible.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 12:55:18 pm »
Yeah, the ghosts only react if you come within range of 2 or 3 tiles, so as long as you keep your distance you can just walk around them.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

phelony101

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:10:08 pm »
How did you get into the central area of Tithonus?the only option I have is to hack the console but I'm not skilled enough.Where's the keycard?I'm so close to finishing Deep Caverns and this is killing me!