Author Topic: Impossible end game boss on hard as a Psy user ( little spoiler )  (Read 6402 times)

Hawke

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible end game boss on hard as a Psy user ( little spoiler )
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 04:28:23 pm »
I just finished the game after 69 hours as a Tri-Psi user with 15 will and with my armor about 300(135 base) points in the psi skills..

I killed the boss in 2 rounds using expose weakness followed by telekinetic proxy and implosion and a telekinetic fist.

The first implosion did about 900 damage followed by the copied one doing about 450 and both fists did about 400 each (not sure if they crit)

I just ran in at the start and locus of control enraged one group of tentacles and force fielded myself from the other group.

if you deal with the mutagen tanks i don't think he can regen either.

Shamoke

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible end game boss on hard as a Psy user ( little spoiler )
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »
Psionics are OP. Stacking Crit damage is OP. Together you get to 1shot the boss. I never even attempted the mutagen puzzle as I stumbled into the final boss room while exploring before going back to my loot pile to bring the mutagens I had collected.

For anyone wondering how, I had 16 will and an effective thought control skill of 305 with my headband and psi beetle armor. My crit damage bonus was 287% with the feat, headband, and trance drug. With this it was just a matter of first using mental breakdown to double the effectiveness of the next thought control ability and then forcing a crit with psionic mania before using neural overload.

I've also seen the post of the guy who did 5k damage. He mentioned that the crit damage bonus of one of the unique melee weapons applied to psionic abilities but he never answered which one it was and I couldn't figure it out myself or maybe I just never found it. I think he was probably also using toxic gas grenades for the contaminated debuff.