Author Topic: Oculus looks awesome (no spoilers)  (Read 5178 times)

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus looks awesome (no spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 04:12:37 pm »
I think there isn't much to fix there. The game's art style will always be somewhat incongruous and cobbled. The corrugated sheet walls in the Drop Zone look stylistically completely different from the concrete walls in other parts of Core City, and those in turn look different from the detailed grime textures in the sewers. "Fixing" this would require a major overhaul, which obviously was never possible with the given budget and manpower, and is hardly the most important thing to focus on now that the game has been released to a by and large satisfied audience.

If there is one thing that indeed needs to be fixed though (unless it was done on purpose, or has already been fixed since), it's the hole that leads to the prison below the United Stations embassy in the Free Maura quest. The hole that leads to the ventilation system is actually still drawn with the old cave tileset from the early alpha.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Oculus looks awesome (no spoilers)
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 09:01:47 pm »

If there is one thing that indeed needs to be fixed though (unless it was done on purpose, or has already been fixed since), it's the hole that leads to the prison below the United Stations embassy in the Free Maura quest. The hole that leads to the ventilation system is actually still drawn with the old cave tileset from the early alpha.

i'll look into it

The CC update was really tight for me, and in the graphics overhaul phase didnt have any time for it, foundry got good enough (not much left there, maybe more effects), the institute, DC and obviously Occulus are the better parts, as i had much more time to work on those, where in the CC update i did 3 different Sci-fi sets, 1 sewer, 1 universal for the whole city, 30+ cc maps, 20+ passage and lower underrail maps and the usual workload (items, effects etc) in basically 2-3 months, so I myself am not really happy with Core city, but anytime i will have some time i will improve old areas (Core city got in the release update one unique new map that wasnt even considered to be addeded, but i had some time and made unique buildings)

As i said already, time is the only resource for me when it comes to the game look, sure there are technical challenges but i love to overcome those.