Author Topic: [Post-FinalBoss Spoilers!!] Bug concerning the very end of the game  (Read 2907 times)

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
Hey there, Underrailers!

I just finished this incredible game for the first time yesterday, and there is one big problem with the game post-Tchort that I noticed and I think must be changed or at least worked around.
The problem is that the Faceless blockade to North Underrail STILL exists even after you return to the surface to find everyone celebrating that the Faceless have been driven back. If I go to the screen east of the Core City Metro station, there are still two guards on duty at the blockade near the zone transition who tell me that it's dangerous. The other guards are all gone. When I travel north from there to the screen where the Faceless spawn infinitely at the blockade, they're STILL there and they still respawn infinitely and they still attack me on sight even though I allied with them in my playthrough and have the Medallion and all that.  :(
I assume this is not something the devs intended, but since I can't be absolutely certain it's a bug, I'm putting it here as a suggestion instead. This could just be a result of time constraints. IDK.  ???
I understand that the game post-Tchort is basically just a bunch of extra NPC dialogues about the Faceless retreat and, excluding the content at SGS, just the same old content as pre-DC, but I still feel like the blockade being present--despite Six and everyone else telling you it's gone--is a pretty major issue as it really just breaks the immersion right when you're about to end the game.  :(
So I would suggest that you guys either find some way to make it so the player can't access the screen where the Faceless respawn infinitely (by removing the zone transition or something) or change the map to reflect visually how the Faceless are gone and Praetorian Security is cleaning up the site.

If you feel like this should be moved to Bugs instead, go ahead. I wasn't really sure where to put it. On one hand, it seems unintentional that the Faceless would remain. On the other, it could just be an oversight or a result of time/engine constraints. Either way, this is a problem. ;)

(On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know what's in Tanner 135 Hack box in his secret room? I'm so curious!)

tl;dr: Faceless still present at Blockade post-Tchort. Bug?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:20:40 pm by Flamem »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Yeah, that is not supposed to happen. The Faceless should be gone from the station, and the Praetorians should be patrolling around (and the guys from the zone before it, the ones that warn you not to proceed, should also be gone). However, on my end everything works just like I described. Could you perhaps send me your save, preferably if you have one just before fighting Tchort, as its death triggers this particular event?

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Yeah, that is not supposed to happen. The Faceless should be gone from the station, and the Praetorians should be patrolling around (and the guys from the zone before it, the ones that warn you not to proceed, should also be gone). However, on my end everything works just like I described. Could you perhaps send me your save, preferably if you have one just before fighting Tchort, as its death triggers this particular event?
Ah, so it is a bug!  :P

And yeah, I have a save right before I fought Tchort that you can use: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEd2-Li1wuoY0UwdllSWFFBcnc/view?usp=sharing
It's uploaded on Google Drive, and I just compressed the save folder into a .rar file. I hope that's okay. I tested the download and plugged it back into my game and it works fine, so there shouldn't be any problems. :)

If you want, I can also provide a save at the actual blockade screen, just so you can see what the bugged area looks like.

Hope this helps! :)

Tolstoi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: [Post-FinalBoss Spoilers!!] Bug concerning the very end of the game
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:28:17 am »

(On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know what's in Tanner 135 Hack box in his secret room? I'm so curious!)

I found a plasma core inside of it, no idea if its a static drop or randomized.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Ah, so it is a bug!  :P

And yeah, I have a save right before I fought Tchort that you can use: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEd2-Li1wuoY0UwdllSWFFBcnc/view?usp=sharing
It's uploaded on Google Drive, and I just compressed the save folder into a .rar file. I hope that's okay. I tested the download and plugged it back into my game and it works fine, so there shouldn't be any problems. :)

If you want, I can also provide a save at the actual blockade screen, just so you can see what the bugged area looks like.

Hope this helps! :)

Found and fixed the bug. Should work retroactively after the patch rolls out. Still, I wouldn't mind you uploading that other save, at the blockade, just so I could do some more testing.

Altos

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [Post-FinalBoss Spoilers!!] Bug concerning the very end of the game
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 11:28:25 am »
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEd2-Li1wuoZ08zeTh0R3hhUk0/view?usp=sharing

I'm happy to hear the problem has been fixed!  Thanks, PhrygianDominant! :D