Author Topic: Unique weapons  (Read 13083 times)

Juri

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Unique weapons
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:11:11 pm »
I'm trying to collect all the unique weapons. Missing the N16, TT3000 and the Black Arrow, anyone know where these are? Also is the magnum in the game?

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Unique weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:47:15 pm »
N16 is in the protectorate warehouse in Core City, inside a case in one of the garages. Gorsky sends you there to steal the shield emmiter.
TT3000 is in the Free Drones base, carried by Melvin Junior.
I think that Black Arrow is the only unique weapon I never found.

Wyatt, the old guy from Depot A has a unique .44 W&S revolver with 20% crit chance but only 100 crit damage and 25-45 base damage which kinda sucks.
The other unique .44 is the Black Hawk, found somewhere alone the quest line for the Institute of Tchort, but can't remember where. It's better than W&S because it has 30-60 base damage and whopping 150% crit damage.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 02:11:00 pm »
I wonder if any of the seemingly inaccessible buildings in DC has any secrets to offer.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:32 pm »
Visited most of Lower Underrail and still can't find any unique energy/chemical pistol :/

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
N16 is in the protectorate warehouse in Core City, inside a case in one of the garages. Gorsky sends you there to steal the shield emmiter.
TT3000 is in the Free Drones base, carried by Melvin Junior.
I think that Black Arrow is the only unique weapon I never found.

Wyatt, the old guy from Depot A has a unique .44 W&S revolver with 20% crit chance but only 100 crit damage and 25-45 base damage which kinda sucks.
The other unique .44 is the Black Hawk, found somewhere alone the quest line for the Institute of Tchort, but can't remember where. It's better than W&S because it has 30-60 base damage and whopping 150% crit damage.

It's Wasteland Hawk, and it's carried by one of the Lunatic leaders who stole the Tchortists figurine, I think Frost was her name.

It's not that good either. 30-60 damage and 150% crit damage is nice, but 35 AP cost with no mods kinda ruins it.

There is also .44 SMG, Tommy Gun. It's pretty fun with explosive ammo, basically a full auto grenade launcher.

Overall unqiues are usually better than anything you can loot/buy, but inferior to crafts (with a few exceptions, Steyr looks good even when compared to crafted ARs).

I also found pretty much everything except for the Black Arrow. I wonder if it's carried by an NPCs that no one decided to kill.

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:18:12 pm »
I still use H&K SMG, in my non-crafter playthrough, since there is just no better SMG that can burst twice for DEX7 character.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 05:21:37 pm »
I have found an Steyr Auch Rifle. Carried by someone named "Simon Peres".  :o

I also found some sort of AK equivalent.

On my previous playthrough, I found two melee weapons: Kukri and a special hammer I don't remember its name, carried by some thug/bandit found at some tunnel in the Core City section.

PS - I also forgot the Dragunov sniper rifle; found at the burrowers tunnels behind Rail Crossing; Only 25AP to shoot.

Grim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 06:27:34 pm »
Visited most of Lower Underrail and still can't find any unique energy/chemical pistol :/
You can find an unique energy weapon in Deep Caverns. Not that powerful though.

Davinrarre

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 07:23:51 pm »
There IS a unique chemical pistol from a quest in the institute of Tchort; the questgiver gives you the pistol for testing and afaik as long as you dont turn the quest in you can keep the pistol.  However, the pistol does sometimes backfire on you so beware of that if you do decide to keep it.

Grim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »
Oh yes that's right. Although you can give him back right away with a skill check, simulating that you have the expertise to analyse what's wrong with it.
All in all i never saw its stats ^^

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 09:16:25 pm »
There IS a unique chemical pistol from a quest in the institute of Tchort; the questgiver gives you the pistol for testing and afaik as long as you dont turn the quest in you can keep the pistol.  However, the pistol does sometimes backfire on you so beware of that if you do decide to keep it.
It's not that bad if you use CAU armor.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 10:23:49 pm »
I also got some nasty meat cleaver (melee) from the [suspicious]insane butcher somewhere at lurkers' base.[/suspicious]

PS. How do you put text in spoilers?

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 11:21:43 pm »

IIRC, its special feature is that it removes 100 points of energy shield with each blast. Pro tip: don't wait to find it until AFTER you're already done with the power plant, like I did.  ::)

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 11:31:14 pm »

IIRC, its special feature is that it removes 100 points of energy shield with each blast. Pro tip: don't wait to find it until AFTER you're already done with the power plant, like I did.  ::)
Yup, it also has pretty low damage (30-45) and 40 AP cost, and only 5% crit chance and 100% crit damage.

Sound like any good weapon would be better at draining shields solely because of better damage.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 06:35:08 pm »
There is also .44 SMG, Tommy Gun. It's pretty fun with explosive ammo, basically a full auto grenade launcher.

I've added the Tommy Gun to the weapon list on the wiki:
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tommy_Gun

With explosive ammo it's very strong indeed but the hefty precision penalty is something to worry about. However I'm planing to give it a go with a hybrid build which is supposed balance it out with a pretty reliable stun from the Combo feat:

Other weapon of choice next to the Tommy Gun is one of the two unarmed uniques, Ripper's Glove or the Claw. Either of them hits for 4AP @ 14 dexterity so ideally 3 consecutive hits (12 AP total) will guarantee a stun. A stunned opponent has his dodge/evade skill negated which leaves him extremly vurnable to burst fire from the Tommy Gun. I'm pretty sure that this will be enough to counter the precision penalty and the low perception because not only the enemy can't evade now, I'm basically firing point blank. With explosive ammo a little bit of a distance is advisable though.  :D

14 dexterity also fits perfectly for the Tommy Gun to bring the base AP from 15 down to 9 which allows for 18 AP bursts. With my 50 AP pool I can hit 3 times with the glove for 12 AP and burst 2 times with the Tommy Gun for 36 AP plus a third time if Commando kicks in. The Tommy Gun has a 50 round drum magazine and each burst is 7 bullets, so reloading will only be neccessary after 7 bursts which is insanely good compared to the rest of the usual SMGs.

One other advantage of this build is the very strong synergy between the debuffs slapped on the enemy. Wrestling and Suppressive Fire penalizes their AP, MP, and hitchance, while Vile Weaponry, Expose Weakness, Bone Breaker and Opportunist stack up for some insane damage, overcoming the biggest downside of SMGs - low damage against high mechanical resistance/threshold.

Naturally a melee/ranged hybrid will be very hungry for skill points but I still manged to fit everything in I need, even stealth and crafting. Since my main weapons are uniques I only have to worry about crafting the armor, the explosive ammo and the electronic gear. Plenty of points left with 5 int (7 with Junkyard Surprise). Some points can be eventually shed off from stealth if needed for crafting:
http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGloJgVhB2ECMAWEA2EN0GYOKzcPGBfIkADhVlC3UIWFAdCSbcI7C53XgXJAQEILBBECoMKPCgBONOlTxYOWLKA

I would love to squeeze Nimble into the build but all the other feats are crucial. As I mentioned before the Wresting/Suppressive Fire help alot here. I play on hard permadeath style so I need every point in endurance I can get but if someone doesn't mind playing a glass cannon, which is fine on normal difficulty, it's a viable option instead of constitution to increase perpection on levels 20 and 24.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:10:27 pm by Wildan »