Author Topic: What bugs me regarding main quest and Foundry... (minor spoilers)  (Read 1314 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
What bugs me regarding main quest and Foundry is that if you haven't done or botched Abram tasks in Junkyard, that there is no quest in the game that would give motive to the player character to visit the Foundry.

Doing all tasks for SGS leads player to Junkyard, Camp Hathor, and then Rail Crossing. Then, next clue is to go in Core City and after that to Tchort Institute, which leads to the end game section.

During this period, player will also get quests regarding Protectorate/Free Drones conflict, and if player does not botch Abram quest in Junkyard, he will meet Jack Quicksilver again in Core City.

Now, Jack gives the only quests in the game that could be the motive to visit the Foundry.

So, lets say that player did not resolve Abrams quest. Tracking main quest will lead him to the Institute, the end game content, without any quests motive to visit Foundry.

It is kinda weird that such major game section has no quest hooks exempt the optional one, that can be easily botched.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:39:09 am by player1 »

GerbilSchooler

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: What bugs me regarding main quest and Foundry... (minor spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »
Considering in your post you even reference a quest line that you can get completely locked out of for a minor mistake early on might give you an answer to your question. Your can't experience all the game has to offer on a single play-through. One of the key themes of the game seems to  be exploration. And a game which main theme is exploration should reward those that explore