Author Topic: How to get unlimited feats and stats points  (Read 15112 times)

xd01x

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
How to get unlimited feats and stats points
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:04:24 am »
i found this trick while messing around with cheat engine. :P

what u will need:
-underrail(ofcourse)
-cheat engine
-basic knowledge of how to use cheat engine
-be under level 23

1. use cheat engine to control your exp. this is very important. make sure to edit your exp so its only 1 exp away from a level.
2. find a place where u could easily gain exp. i choose the spot below the camp.
3.put ur current level in the value bar. click new scan.
4. kill something, gain a level.(u can level up in mid-combat) make sure to complete the level up. that means u gotta put in the stats, skills feat..
5. type in ur new level in the value bar and click next scan. the address list should get considerable smaller, around 4 or 5. result may vary.
6. edit ur exp again, kill something, complete the level up. but this time, look at the value category under the address box. it should be ur new level. example, if u started at level 10, that should be ur new scan. level 11 is ur next scan. and level 12 should be under the value category in the address box. and level 11 should be under the previous category. 
7. there u go, now u can edit ur level!
8. have fun! :P

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: How to get unlimited feats and stats points
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:31:47 am »
How to get unlimited feats and stats points
By "unlimited feats" do you mean "exactly as many feats as a level-capped character would normally get"?

That sounds like ISPs who grant "unlimited downloads*"
(* subject to a Fair Use Policy that throttles transfer rate after a certain point
* also subject to the limits of the data links they manage)

If so, then by that word usage, you will live for an unlimited* number of years
(* where "unlimited" means "an average human lifespan, give or take, subject to status, written details on request, your mileage may vary, not to be taken while pregnant, always read the label, not to be used while driving or operating machinery, by reading this sentence you have authorised the use of cookies to raid your fridge, terms and conditions can vary at any time without prior notice, click somewhere else to unsubscribe").

Many games can be manipulated like this. I would rather the game have a simple memory map while the programmers focus on a great game than that they obfuscate all variables (eg storing every number as *10+75 and retrieving every object property through a getter that does (-75)/10) and charge a higher entry fee to cover their costs.

I use Cheat Engine, but I use it for a different purpose. If I close a browser window or a word-processing document with unsaved changes, I use Cheat Engine to access the raw text that's still in memory before it gets reclaimed. Peek/poke is a useful strategy for all sorts of purposes - I've been using it since at least 96 and I am sure it predates that by a long shot.

Frank

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 06:18:21 am »
Are you serious? Who cares? Using cheat engine you can start the game with every non-psi feat, maxed out skills, 20 in every attribute. Then you use cheat engine to find the value of EXP and make yourself level 25 before you need to be level 2. You can give yourself a single stack of 9999999999999999 of any type of item. It's fucking CHEAT engine, it allows you to CHEAT.

xd01x

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 02:04:16 pm »
Are you serious? Who cares? Using cheat engine you can start the game with every non-psi feat, maxed out skills, 20 in every attribute. Then you use cheat engine to find the value of EXP and make yourself level 25 before you need to be level 2. You can give yourself a single stack of 9999999999999999 of any type of item. It's fucking CHEAT engine, it allows you to CHEAT.

this is a post for those who started the game without cheat engine and want to maximize their character without starting a new game.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:11:16 am »
this is a post for those who started the game without cheat engine and want to maximize their character without starting a new game.
I think you mean "thread", but be that as it may, I still don't believe Cheat Engine can deliver "unlimited feats and stats points".

Even if you can raise stats to 4294967295 (the limit of 4 byte integers) that's a limit. This thread was specifically about "unlimited feats and stats points".

xd01x

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:23:21 am »
I think you mean "thread", but be that as it may, I still don't believe Cheat Engine can deliver "unlimited feats and stats points".

Even if you can raise stats to 4294967295 (the limit of 4 byte integers) that's a limit. This thread was specifically about "unlimited feats and stats points".

my god dude. do u have to get technical? u know what i mean. if ur so smart, go solve world hunger and not troll on people post.