Author Topic: supressors  (Read 2589 times)

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
supressors
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:45:43 am »
Is there any way to put a supressor on a gun without having to bild one from scratch?

Grim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: supressors
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:58:56 pm »
I don't think so, they are treated as built-in augments.

cabled

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:03:01 pm »
you can find drops with supressors installed... or buy guns with pre-installed ones from merchants but that's about it

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:31 pm »
The fact that supressors are only available for 5mm barrels renders them as good as useless but even then I'm not sure if the sound detection system works as it should. There were numerous occations where I was heard firing a crossbow bolt. Maybe the whole idea is not done yet. I'd very much love to play a (truly) supressed sniper build.

Planet-X

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »
The fact that supressors are only available for 5mm barrels renders them as good as useless but even then I'm not sure if the sound detection system works as it should. There were numerous occations where I was heard firing a crossbow bolt. Maybe the whole idea is not done yet. I'd very much love to play a (truly) supressed sniper build.

Exactly, a like to play with the sniper rifle, but the problem is that once you take the first shot the rest of the gang soon joins the party.

GerbilSchooler

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 03:11:32 am »
I've been stealth killing enemies that are probably 20or so feet away from each other with a completely non silenced 7.62 SMG. It seems as long as they don't have a visual sight on me and I can eliminate all the targets that are visible to me before they have a turn, it doesn't aggro the nearby, non visible enemies.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:24:26 am by GerbilSchooler »

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 10:27:27 am »
So it's a case of "if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" ?^^
Interesting.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 01:50:14 pm »
My characters usually have bad mine detection. Recently after I was talking to the old guy at Depot A I went outside again and each time I stepped on one of his mines he went ouside checking whats going on, just to see me bandaging, hillarious.