Author Topic: Does The Claw and Taste for Blood Feat damage bonus stack?  (Read 3459 times)

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Does The Claw and Taste for Blood Feat damage bonus stack?
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
I don't have the game up right now (at work), but I believe The Claw gives very similar bonuses compared to that of the feat Taste for Blood.  One in particular is a damage buff against bleeding targets.  Do they stack, or is it one or the other.  Ill grab Taste if they stack.

Thanks

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Does The Claw and Taste for Blood Feat damage bonus stack?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:59:32 pm »
Yes, the Claw gives you a 35% chance to cause a bleeding wound on hit so it will work for the purpose of Taste for Blood and will stack with any other melee related bleeding source. The second on hit effect is 35% to cause a contamination debuff (10% extra damage - stacks up to 20 (!)times) which is not the same as bleeding and is also not to be confused with infected wound that is related to bleeding caused by the Vile Weaponry feat.

As a good alternative there is the Ripper's glove. It has a 3 times 25% chance to cause a bleeding wound. How much is that? You can calculate like this: there is a 75% chance NOT to cause bleeding and you multiply it by 3:
0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 = 0.42 chance NOT to cause bleeding, or in other way, it's a 58% chance to make a bleeding wound on every hit. That's much better than 35% of the Claw but it doesn't have the contatination chance.

So which one is better depends mostly on how many enemies you're battling and the rest of your gear. If you don't use metal armor with serrated blades or bladed boots for additional chance to cause bleeding and are against thrash mobs that won't last long anyway, than the Ripper's glove is probably better as it will allow you to stack Taste for Blood much faster. In all other cases and against really tough opponents the Claw wins when it comes to total debuffs.

I wouldn't put them in both weapon slots at the same time though. You need one weapon for the debufs, and the other for damage. Works extermly well for hybrids like strength based sledgehammer builds who also have 8-10 dexterity and important unarmed feats like Lightning Punches, Wrestling and Combo. Soften em up with the ripper's glove, possibly stun and cause mayhem with the sledgehammer. I play one right now and it's one of my strongest playthroughs.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:17:38 pm by Wildan »

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »
I'm not asking about the bleeding portion.  Taste for Blood gives a damage buff/debuff via stacks, as does The Claw.  I just wanted to see if anyone has tested the damage buffs to see if both damage buffs are stacking.

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »
Can someone link The Claw's item description.

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »
Ofcourse they stack. Taste for Blood is a buff on you and the Claw contamination is a debuff on the enemy. It stacks on it's own and will make the target vurnable to all damage, including your increased damage because of TfB.

Grand

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »
TY +1