Author Topic: deep caverns help (spoiler)  (Read 10980 times)

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
deep caverns help (spoiler)
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:44:15 pm »
pleas help me with deep caverns. i have played this part >20 hours and no i am brassed off. the game was wonderful but now
it is only frustrating. not hard, frustrating. i can handle the enemies but unlimited enemies suck.

the reasons:
* unlimited enemies. no game of this type i played in the past had this game mechanics. why? because it breaks the entire
  game mechanics. resource management is useless, experience system for killing enemies also -you get unlimited points.
* if you not handle the stuff in a limited time (the time you have resources) -you lose and have to retry the entire
  thing (20 hours for nothing if you are out of luck).
* no healing items. in combination with the unlimited enemies -yummy.
* no hints what to do or where to find some stuff (i.e. for repairing the hydraulic door)
* no area are named, i dont know where i am. i have to save the game and then look to the savegame description to figure
   it out. even if i get a hint "go the area x" i dont know where that area is because of that.

can you tell me where i can find

* the 3. hydraulic canister? have 2 found in the warehouse.
* the control valve?
* the exact procedure to get to door clean of this slime?
* i also need a key card to open the door? marias card? where to find?
* it is right that i must power up the door-section? if yes, which is the exact name of this area?

in fact i need a detailed walktrough for the deep caverns because i have no more passion/energy to do it myself.

please disable this unlimited enemies and add a map with fast travel system to the areas you always visited. the entire
game would imho me benefit from that.

p.s.
the forum software seems to be dont support apostrophes of any kind. if such character applies in the text, the rest is cut off. i had to rewrite 90% of this post because exactly this was happen after posting the text.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:08:35 pm by tenim »

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: deep caverns help (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

* the control valve?
* it is right that i must power up the door-section? if yes, which is the exact name of this area?

1. I'm afraid I can't remember this.

2. Have you found Project Eos? It is a bunker with lots of people in statis tubes. You need to

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:14:40 pm »
ha, same thing happend as it happed to me: you have used an apostrophe in your post and now the rest of your post are cut/lost . you  have to rewrite it.
 :)

and yes, i have found this room. but the doors where sealed, locked ...

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »
why did my post get cut off, grahhh

2. You need to do

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:58 pm »
Let's try this again!

2. You need to do *something* at Project Eos to clear the way to the storage room where the valve is. I will only spoil the rest if you ask.

3. Go to the mushroom forest west of where you meet Six. Sit in the spores until you take a "trip" elsewhere. Keep walking around until you find a big red root thing. Kill it. Take its "heart" and leave. Go to the power plant and power up Hollow Earth (you may need to power down everything else before the option becomes available.) Go to the screen one north and one east of where you meet Six and enter a building with a security camera and a now-functional electronic door. Use the heart in the machine inside to make a bio-grenade. Use grenade on Tchort door.

Couldn't be more straightforward.  ::)

4. It is in the Residential Block. The area with the statue. Turn on the power at the power plant and search every room.

5. Yes. Turning on Mutagen Tanks A and Hollow Earth worked for me.

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:33:43 pm »
project "eos": i have powered up the research facility and now i can use the console in the area with these  blue cylinders. but he asks me for an id card i dont have.
what exactly shall i do?

p.s. how to go to the "Residential Block". need i before power up this area? and if yes, how is this area named in the arke power station computer?
project eos was named as "research facility"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:36:21 pm by tenim »

swampzero

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 12:06:36 am »
pleas help me with deep caverns. i have played this part >20 hours and no i am brassed off. the game was wonderful but now
it is only frustrating. not hard, frustrating. i can handle the enemies but unlimited enemies suck.

the reasons:
* unlimited enemies. no game of this type i played in the past had this game mechanics. why? because it breaks the entire
  game mechanics. resource management is useless, experience system for killing enemies also -you get unlimited points.
* if you not handle the stuff in a limited time (the time you have resources) -you lose and have to retry the entire
  thing (20 hours for nothing if you are out of luck).
* no healing items. in combination with the unlimited enemies -yummy.
* no hints what to do or where to find some stuff (i.e. for repairing the hydraulic door)
* no area are named, i dont know where i am. i have to save the game and then look to the savegame description to figure
   it out. even if i get a hint "go the area x" i dont know where that area is because of that.

* the control valve?

in fact i need a detailed walktrough for the deep caverns because i have no more passion/energy to do it myself.

please disable this unlimited enemies and add a map with fast travel system to the areas you always visited. the entire
game would imho me benefit from that.

p.s.
the forum software seems to be dont support apostrophes of any kind. if such character applies in the text, the rest is cut off. i had to rewrite 90% of this post because exactly this was happen after posting the text.

Leo, the guy in the hut, gives you some hints on where to find some tihngs (he tells you about how to kill the bio-growth, and tells you the location of some *important* things. Agreed about the zone locations tho.

I think the hints, by themselves, would be enough if we had the time and resources to properly explore the zone without worrying about a game-over state. When you're counting hypos, obviously you're gonna miss a bunch of hints 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:12:54 am by swampzero »

swampzero

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:11 am »
That said, can someone give me a hint about the mutagen puzzle?

highlight to see spoiler:
I have figured out I need to make Exitus-1 from plus/minus genes or proteins or whatever, and I did successfully made it, but is it order-sensitive? Is EP JP etc different than JP EP?  If it isn't, and my sequence was correct, how do I even tell it worked. I see some mutagen tanks in the boss room, but they're so far out of the way that It would be almost harder to get to them and destroy them (to release gas??) than just killing the boss itself by cheesing the tentacles from the little hut
-end of spoiler

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 12:40:59 am »
project "eos": i have powered up the research facility and now i can use the console in the area with these  blue cylinders. but he asks me for an id card i dont have.
what exactly shall i do?

p.s. how to go to the "Residential Block". need i before power up this area? and if yes, how is this area named in the arke power station computer?
project eos was named as "research facility"

The ID card you need is Wasi Abdul's. You can find his keycard also in the Residential Block.

You do need to power up the Residential Block to get Maria's keycard, but you can get Wasi's without power; it's in the only unlocked room in the building. I think the name at the power plant is Caerus Residential Block; it definitely has "Residential" in the name. All of the names in this area are from Greek mythology so some of them are a bit odd.

swampzero

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 12:53:04 am »
the entire tchort ranking system is bastardized oldish greek its pretty cute.

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »
ok, i am in the mushroom forest and have taken this "trip". but now, i am not finding anything like a "pulsating root", only spore turrets. there is also a large square hole in the middle of on of the maps but no interacting with it possible. no way out, no boss??? what is wrong?

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 08:36:18 pm »
Keep going east. There is an eastern exit on one of the maps that is hard to see until you get close to it.

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
yo, have made it. grenades used -> gate free of slime. want to fix the gate machanics -> all pieces are proper but i "cant" repair this "complex" mechanism. AAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!. i need the ai core for the repair robot. btw. i have 110 mechanics, repair manual  and an universal repair toolkit but this all seems useless. fuck fuck fuck. where i get this ai core? i have no idea.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:41:57 pm by tenim »

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:19 pm »
Well, where have you been in the Deep Caverns where you've seen AI at work?  :P

tenim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
ok, i am finished to open the final door...
now the bossfight, no idea how to survive it...